Thread: Soooo mad..

mtbr member

Soooo mad..

So, my bikes been sitting for the last 3 or so months. It's been to damn hot here in Central Texas for me to ride. So Monday night I get the bike out, clean it, make sure it's all good, air tires, get my for up to spec and load it on the car..

Getting ready to go to bed that night. End up with a fever and chills. Woke up in the AM and felt like I got hit by a train. Off the rack comes the bike.

Other then all the fires burning around here. Would of been a good week to start loosing weight.

Prophet 27.5 Joy
    Jun 2011
    Sorry dude, hope you feel better soon, and get out on your bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    So, my bikes been sitting for the last 3 or so months. It's been to damn hot here in Central Texas for me to ride. So Monday night I get the bike out, clean it, make sure it's all good, air tires, get my for up to spec and load it on the car..

Getting ready to go to bed that night. End up with a fever and chills. Woke up in the AM and felt like I got hit by a train. Off the rack comes the bike.

Other then all the fires burning around here. Would of been a good week to start loosing weight.
    It definitely feels like the fever broke outside, Hoss. Sorry you got one inside. It will be a good long stretch of coolish weather, and afterwork sunlight pretty soon too.

Hang in there. The fires are terrible. The beautiful pine forest in the state park in Bastrop has been very badly burned.

No talent hack
    Nov 2010
    I feel for you... North Texas here and I have been out riding at 630am twice a week since the last week of July.... trying to be a little less clyde. The wife and I went for a MUCH longer ride yesterday to celebrate the arrival of cool temps. I hope you feel better and get out there before it heats back up!
    Fat guys need bikes too.

mtbr member
    I love those weird few hour illnesses.. Bikes on the rack and I'm ready to ride after work. After 3 months off. I'll be happy for 3 miles on the trails. I just hope it stays cool, but it seems this is just alot of cool air that TS Lee drove down this way..

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    During hot summer days I just get up early and go riding 6am-8am rides are fantastic.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    I sold my bike to fund a trip last year... waiting for Christmas for a new one... but I feel ya... after plenty of time off the bike you get psyced up for the next ride only to have something stop ya :-/... i can't wait to get back on 2 wheels

on the plus side... temps dropped a ton here in FL... finally not to bad to be back out in the garage or outside...

as for riding in the hot months... while some people can do the 6am ride... others find that a good set of lights and going after dark is the way to go ...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie