mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Size XXL Cycling Socks?

I have size fifteen feet. The heel of most XL cycling socks end up about 2/3 the way up my foot.

Surly makes an XXL sock, but they are kind of expensive. Do any of you clydes know of other XXL sock options?

mtbr member
    I'm also a size fifteen and, while not an XXL, I've found the XL Smartwool mini-crews to fit OK (still a tad tight, but way better than 2/3 of the way up your foot). And they are currently on sale: http://www.rei.com/product/721530. Buy three and get another 10% off (and no, I have no affilation with REI other than as a customer).

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I bought two pairs of fox river socks a couple of months back for my size 13 foot, I BELIEVE they were sized 13-15, and they were advertised on the package as one of the uses as mountain biking. I picked up one of their normal pairs...and one of their enviro-friendly pairs made from Corn, and love them both (the corn socks go GREAT with butter, hehe)

I know that one of the pairs is bigger on my feet than the other, but I can't remember if it is the corn socks or the non-corn socks. Either pair will easily fit a size 15 foot, as the heel on mine actually goes UP the back of my foot, and again I'm a 13 wide...so a 15 will fit no problem whatsoever.

Great socks too, (I'm wearing a pair of them now) and I can't wait to buy more of them. And hey, if you buy the corn ones, you're helping the environment :P

Hope that helps,

Tim

mtbr member
    I bought a couple of pairs of socks recently from the local Specialized store that were a size XL. They are called their "body geometry sock" and they were $15 per pair. The size chart says that the XL sock is for a men's shoe size 13+. I normally wear a size 13.5 - 14 and these socks still have some extra length available. So I believe that these would fit a size 15 foot properly. They are some nice fitting socks.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Sock Guy XL is pretty generous on my size 15 foot.