mtbr member

size 15 shoe for flat pedals?

Size 15 US, wide if possible. Something similar to a 5.10 shoe. Im riding with a pair of new balances that dont grip all that well, plus the laces flop all over the place. i appreciate any help.
    Hey Ma! Look at this laceration.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I wear a 15EE in Nike, Reebok, etc...

I'm wearing a pair of DVS Endoro Heir's in 14 and they fit surprisingly well with good grip on flats. My only issue is they don't vent that well.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    See if you can try on a pair of these in 14.

Five Ten | Minnaar

I usually wear 14s but these run big. At least they did a year or so ago when I got them.

I also recently switched to HT flats and they are incredibly grippy.

.:HT COMPONENTS:.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Also size 15, looking for good shoes. Thanks for the info copsey. I'll look into those DVS.

As for floppy laces, just bunch them up and tuck them under one of the crossed laces (so they point down to your toes). Looks goofy but there's no chance of them ending up in your drive train.
    2011 Trek X-Cal
    2000 Univega Alpina 600
    1999 Univega Alpina 700 (stolen)

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I am also a 15. I have been in the market for mountain bike flat pedal shoes. I have an older pair of nike skate shoes that have been serving me well for now. However, I would love something more resistant to mud and water like the Teva links. Its such a tease that they only make those up to a 14.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I've been having a really hard time finding shoes that fit since the sizing charts all differ. Couple this with manufacturers who "run small" or "run big" it's hard to tell exactly what size to buy. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy multiple sizes and sell off the unwanted ones.

mtbr member
    I'm also a 15. I wear a pair of Nike 6.0 skate/bmx shoes. They seem to run wide and are flat bottomed. They work great with my platform pedals.

mtbr member
    ... and I always though that I was having problem finding shoes with my 14...

question: is there any shoes that protect the heel? (other than the gigantic basketball shoes)
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidfrench View Post
    ... and I always though that I was having problem finding shoes with my 14...

question: is there any shoes that protect the heel? (other than the gigantic basketball shoes)
    If you ride platforms and do not clip in try hightop Vans. They are great and come in big boy sizes.
    "I'll sleep when I'm dead"
    - 2012 Trek Gary Fisher X Caliber 21"
    - 2007 Trek 4300 19.5"
    - 2000 Diamond Back FS

mtbr member
    cool, thanks for the tip!
    DirtySixer36er, Ventana ElCapitan, Soma Smoothie 66cm, Trek T100, ChoiceCollective36er.
    DirtySixer
    36er