"You want to do WHAT???!!

New question here. Shorts and Jersey....for a Clyde???

Does anyone have a good resource for MTB shorts and Jerseys for a Clyde? The XLs my LBS sells are for about a waistline of 38-40. I did resort to buying a pair of lycra shorts and wearing it under my regular shorts, but would just as soon have a single pair of shorts. While they did have 2 XL jerseys, the made me look like a overstuffed sausage.

Any resources would be appreciated,

@adelorenzo
    Personally, I don't wear cycling jerseys, they fit me terribly. I have one 2XL that was a gift and I'll never be caught dead in it, I know what you mean about looking like a sausage.

Try something more like a loose-fitting synthetic T-shirt (example here) that you would find at an outdoors store like MEC (in Canada) or REI in the states. There are tons of synthetic/polyester shirts that are very comfortable, breathe and wick moisture away. North Face, REI, Under Armour.... Personally I like the Helly Hansen stuff. Most of them go up to 2XL, come in lots of colors. Cheaper than jerseys as well.

Regards,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Under Armour!

"You want to do WHAT???!!

Under Armor??

Is there an internet store that handles it? I did go by Performance Bikes in Springfield VA and they didn't have any mega sizes.....

Any hope for 44-46 MTB shorts?

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashGordon
    Is there an internet store that handles it? I did go by Performance Bikes in Springfield VA and they didn't have any mega sizes.....
    You'd buy Under Armour -- or any similar product -- at a sports or outdoors store. Try your local REI or shop on-line there.

Any hope for 44-46 MTB shorts?
    Dunno... I ride Fox cargo shorts but they only go to 38...

I've heard others say that Hoss Ponderosa shorts are good. Never tried 'em, but they do go up to 3XL in sizing.

Regards,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    i buy hoss shorts and under armour shirts(been wanting to try the hoss jersey's). they both have worked really well for me.

5'10" and fluctuate between 250 & 260lbs
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Agreed with Underarmour for a "jersey". I just picked up one of their "cotton feel" shirts, whatever they call it...nad it works like a dream. Mega comfortable to wear, breathes like all get out and looks good on.

As for shorts....I think you might have problems. I just picked up a set of shorts from MEC up here in Canada...I believe it is the Rapide model, they're spandex (I wear them under the huck overshot they sell) and they are probably the most comfortable spandex short I've worn. They come in a BIG XXL size (almost too big for me, I'm a 40-42 waist)...they almost feel too big, but it's probably what bike shorts are SUPPOSED to feel like. I've got big thighs from my football, now bike riding days, and no problems getting them on or off. Some of the XLs I tried on at the LBS was like trying to...well, let's just sayNice thick strecth chamois...a really nice short indeed. Pair them with a set of Under Armour overshots and you'll be in heaven, trust me.

Tim

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashGordon
    Does anyone have a good resource for MTB shorts and Jerseys for a Clyde? The XLs my LBS sells are for about a waistline of 38-40. I did resort to buying a pair of lycra shorts and wearing it under my regular shorts, but would just as soon have a single pair of shorts. While they did have 2 XL jerseys, the made me look like a overstuffed sausage.

Any resources would be appreciated,
    REI's Novara line of shorts comes in extended sizes. I have the Exposure II double shorts. They are pretty comfortable, as one poster mentioned, he has issues with thigh size, I do also from working out and football, still they are pretty comfortable. They come all the way up to 4xl. I personally juse use some Adidas ClimaLite shirts for a jersey.

I railed it like Kong
    I have a 42-44 waist and the Hoss 3XL just fit. On slimmer days i use the buckle to cinch them up and when i'm pushing maximum poundage i don't use the buckle. I did have to cut the elastic around the knee of the chamios as it was painfully tight. Other than that, the best shorts i have found for the Superclyde.

High quality outer shorts though i wish the padding was higher quality in the seat area.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Creecrop
    zoic esther,check the spelling,xxl sizes and they feel good