mtbr member

A short--man's q's about Clyde ride bro's bike

My friend is 6- 9" and 285 and he rides a Haro X-7 20" frame.

My background is BMX to MX to FR/DH...... more of a racer/dirt jumper.

IMO and watching him ride at Willamette Pass/Black Rock/Alpine he's too big for the bike even at 20". When he rides he's in IMO way too far back and I have tried to work with him on riding more straight up but now I'm thinking he needs a bigger bike because when he does ride more straight up he's too tall in ratio to his arms and legs. He looks like he's ready to hike a football.

Who makes the BIGGEST FR/DH frames ?????

Also, with him we need to throw out the "myth"...... "ride a smaller frame for DH" as I witnessed him go off a jump a land and the frontend just milling off the ground and him wheelieing right into a tree and bottoming out his 888 and rear shock. ( Bike was in verticle wheelie upon impact).

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Ventana might be able to suit him up. I am 6'6" 265 and ride and El Salt but they have other frames that might fit the bill. They also may be able to do a custom frame for him. Just a thought.
    http://www.ventanausa.com/

CEO Product Failure
    Dittos on the Ventana, a semi custom upcharge is only gonna be $150 more and it'll give him the right lenght TT without sacraficing the proper standover height.

6'9" sheesh! Also may wanna consider a 29'r. Heavens knows he's got the muscle to turn those big wheels.