mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Shock recomendations?

Whats everyone running for front shocks?
    looking for something in the 80-100 mm range for XC and some mild all mountain, older is ok if it's rebuildable.
    Any recomendations I'm 6'2'' and 230 riding an Iron Horse Maverick
    Thanks

Freshly Fujified

Fork recommendations for you

Look for forks with larger diameter stanchions (32mm is a good diameter, IMO). Rock Shox Reba, Recon and Tora have 32mm stanchions and are available in the travel range you seek. Also, Marzocchi XC series froks have 32mm stanchions and should also be between 80 and 100mm travel. There are some very good deals on the '07 XC 600 if you're on a budget.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

'aua e te fati
    Jul 2006
    +1 for 32mm stanchions. What ever you get, get 32mm stanchions. It will stiffen up the ride and you will not be sorry especially at 230#. My wife rides a Maverick as well, and I would probably go with an air assisted if not completely air fork.

Jenson has the Marz XC 600 - coil sprung, air assisted 100mm w/32mm stanchions for $229 which is pretty smokin'.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

thanks

thanks for the input I'll check into the Jenson site next. I assume with cold weather riding air assist would be the way to go also?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Anyone have preferences between the Marzocchi xc600 and the Rock Shox Tora 302 U-turn or the 18 U-turn?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I (230#) have the Rock Shox Recon and I'm very happy with it. In my second bike, I will try a Revelation fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by louen
    Anyone have preferences between the Marzocchi xc600 and the Rock Shox Tora 302 U-turn or the 18 U-turn?
    Thanks
    +1....also what do you guys think about the all mountain 2?