PA Biker
    Oct 2012

SC Bronson Clydes

Are any of you fellow Clydes riding a SC Bronson? I'm really looking hard at this bike but want to wait and see what Pivot releases besides the firebird in 27.5. If Pivot doesn't release a Mach 5.7C with 27.5 wheels I'm ordering a Bronson carbon. I did a demo on the Pivot mach 5.7C and loved the bike! I was within the shock specs with 275lbs shock and 135lbs fork.
    I'm 6' 295lbs and want to see what kind of pressures clydes are running on their Bronsons compared to their weight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Pivot are bringing out the Mach 6. 650b wheels, 155mm rear travel

Fresh Product: Pivot Cycles 2014 Mach 6 #froth | Flow Mountain Bike

Don't know when, sorry.
    Looks awesome

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    This is the only thread in the Clydesdale forum with "Bronson" in the title... any bigger guys have this bike? Debating this vs. Tallboy LT

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I skimmed that and it doesn't seem like people are talking about ride characteristics, just sizing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I am 6'3" 230 and riding aluminum xl Bronson. Its a great bike so far. I have only been on it for 4 month now but so far so good. I'm still playing with my riding position with the bars, stems, and spacers.

JHH
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alias530 View Post
    This is the only thread in the Clydesdale forum with "Bronson" in the title... any bigger guys have this bike? Debating this vs. Tallboy LT
    I've ridden both on dirt and own a TallBoyC. If I was picking a bigger travel bike as a clyde I'd go with the TBLT over the Bronson. Why, as a clyde the bigger wheel helps you get up and over things which is a big deal. The Bronson riding position felt a but weird. The smaller wheels felt like I lost a gear on climbs. I also didn't like how the bronson felt on climbs. I climb a lot in my rides usually about 50/50.

I rode a TBLT yesterday on a nice long ride on trails I ride my TBc on. The bile was fun, it felt a bit spongy on the climbs. It has a bit more slack then the TallBoy and I noticed it both on climbs and descents. I needed to more steering input then I normally do. On the committed descents the TBLT was great. I had the suspension dialed but for how I ride I just don't need all that travel. I don;t want the weight of the bigger forks either.

I ride it all. If I had to classify my riding into a "bucket" I'm XC oriented. I do avoid gap jumps.

The Solo/5010 was much more to my liking as a 27.5 bike FWIW.
    Keep pedaling no matter what

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Just for search sake, I'll throw out my experience with the Bronson. I didn't get to do more then a parking lot ride on either bike, but I had a chance to checkout an XL Bronson and an XL Nomad side by side.

I really want to like a Bronson. Price on the aluminum version seems way more feasible to me in my current state then the price of a carbon Nomad. After sitting on both bikes, the Nomad has a shorter stem but felt much roomier then the Bronson did with a longer stem. Position for me felt amazing on the Nomad. Obviously, this is relative but having sat on the older 26er XL Nomad, I was amazed at the room I had with the new 27.5 Nomad. My wife will kill me but I'm chasing a Nomad now. Lol.

Now, I know this is a thread about the Bronson and this is where I was heading. The Bronson I tried had one of them fancy Crane Creek shocks on it. I'm 6'6" and weigh in around 350lbs currently and I was super surprised how stiff the Crane Creek bouble barrel felt. It really inspired me to want to try and ride the bike hard. One concern I always have with full suspension at my size is if the shock will hold. That Cane Creek would do the job.

Anyway, not sure if this helps the thread, but if anyone's looking for a comparison, there it is.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'2" 36 inseam, 2015 Bronson felt too short in the top tube, no matter how far back I would push a saddle my position on the bike while pedaling would puch my butt about 1" off the rear saddle.

I demoed XL and XXL tall boy LT and XXL felt the best, XL was doable with seat adjustments.

Bronson and 5010 have shortest top tube in XL across all SC bikes.

here's the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Sweet spreadsheet. Thanks for sharing!!