Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

saddles

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  orange5rob 
#1 ·
hi, any larger riders have thougths on saddle selection, I have just bought a fairly skinny WTB saddle, this is causing some intimate chaffing, the last one was similar, has any one found the perfect comfortable saddle ?

thanks

#3 ·
orange5rob said:
hi, any larger riders have thougths on saddle selection, I have just bought a fairly skinny WTB saddle, this is causing some intimate chaffing, the last one was similar, has any one found the perfect comfortable saddle ?

thanks
Believe it or not, a Brooks Team Professional would probably be the most comfortable for a clyde. I have a Team Professional on my IF 29er SS and a B17 on my CrossCheck. After the break in, they are the best saddles I have ever used

#4 ·
orange5rob said:
Terry Fly for me. I think I tried eight or nine other saddles before the Terry Fly.

But, what works for me won't necessarily work for you. You just have to keep trying them until you find one that suits you.

#7 ·
I'm 315 lb, and I go for several hours on a Velo Plush without issues. I hated hard seats, even if bigger. Although I should mention I have not tried a single one of the seats mentioned above, I tried a hand-full at an LBS with names I cant remember... some on purpose.

#9 ·
I have 6 different saddles on my bikes and been biking for a LONG time and do some long epic rides both mountain and road. If you have a set of good padded shorts, I don't think you are going to notice a whole lot from on saddle to another. Unless it's one of those super gel padded saddles. I'm about 230 -235 Pds, I have WTB (different models) on two of my mountain bikes and a Marco on a road bike, and 3 others I don't know the names of, of the top of my head. What you want is a good set of shorts with a good padding in them like, SWOBO Mink man shorts with liner. They are perfect for mountain riding, also the Buttercream is great protection from chaffing on those long rides.

#10 ·
Thanks to every one for the comments, the saddle seems to be getting better, most likely my body is getting used to it, with regards to shorts I have a fairly decent pair of Briko bib shorts and some fox bagiies, but something better might be in order, the butter cream is an interesting point , one of my MTB buddies suggested Chomois cream which seems to be more aimed at Road riding, I am yet to try this because I keep forgetting to put some on.
thanks

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.