Thread: Saddle question

mtbr member

Saddle question

Hey all,

I can tell I will need to invest in a new saddle soon and wanted to see what the "latest and greatest" is. I am currently riding on a WTB speed V (came stock with bike) and I like it, but it isn't going to last another season. Anyone want to throw their two cents in?

Thanks
    Pogo
    __________________________________________________ _
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 to learn English.

banned
    I would just upgrade to another, higher end model of WTB. I weigh 285lbs and have them on two of my bikes. No problems at all

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo
    Hey all,

I can tell I will need to invest in a new saddle soon and wanted to see what the "latest and greatest" is. I am currently riding on a WTB speed V (came stock with bike) and I like it, but it isn't going to last another season. Anyone want to throw their two cents in?

Thanks
    Pogo

I don't know about "latest and greatest", but I just purchased the WTB Silverado saddle. I probably paid too much for it, but it's light, has ti rails, and works for me. The rails on the last WTB saddle I had, which came stock with my Kula Primo, broke after 7 months.

Captain Underpants
    I just replaced my speed V with a Speccy BG Alias. For me the Speccy is more comfortable, though I still think the WTB Speed and Laser are great saddles.

mtbr member
    You might want to check out Terry saddles. The only 'all day' saddle I have is the Terry Fly gel- it's a roadie, but I'll probably put one on my MTB soon. Depending on your anatomy you may want to get a wider saddle, and they make a wider version, but I can't think of the name offhand. Saddles are quite individual though. What's great for one guy is torture for the next.

If you're considering anything with titanium check with the manufacturer, as some Ti components have weight limits, and you are posting in the Clyde forum.
    To the troll mobile, away...

rust never sleeps
    Another vote for WTB; I have a Pure V DH. It did take a while to break in but now its very comfy and looks pretty good too.
    I love you to death, but get on the bus or throw yourself under it.

...a peaceful man stands tall...