Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2379
    Keep the rubber side down
    6' tall and 264 lbs as of this morning at the doctor's office.

The only upside is that's down 4 lbs from 14 days ago (same scale at the dr). Dietary overhaul and actual TITS does wonders.

Riding a completely stock Talon 27.5 5 presently. Will treat myself to an upgrade next year when I've dropped down below 235.

mtbr member
    I wrecked 4 years ago breaking my back. L4 and L5 are now fused together. 5 ribs in 8 places, scapula, knee, ankle, and a few other cracks here and there. Also got another concussion.

Anyway, I couldn't really ride for 2 years and put on a few... pounds.
    At the beginning of last season I was 6'6" 270ish.
    Ex football, rugby, weightlifter, runner, so thankfully I had some muscle memory and experience to fall back on and got to work last season. I rode every day without fail and am still doing the same and am now at 205-210 depending on my weekend extracurricular activities. Giving up chicken wings and beer is out of the question!
    Would I still be considered a clyde or should I gain some more weight?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    6' 2 275lb riding a 2013 Trek Marlin 21'' Frame with Kenda Nevegal tires front & rear for added resistance ..

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    6' 8" 375Lbs ..... 2015 Specialized rockhopper 29er xxl
    Last edited by Specialized29; 07-08-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: forgot to add size

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Welcome Specialized29 Sweet 29er..

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized29 View Post

Mr. Chaos Theory

New question here. Not Sure if i Checked in here before!

Me i'm 5'11" and 275lbs
    My weapon of choice is my Pivot Mach 5 with the shock "Pushed" to my Fat Ass requirements!
    WeLcOmE tO tHe CoLlEcTiVe.

2009 Pivot Mach 5
    2009 Trek 6K (commuter)
    Base of Operations NH USA

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Roll Call: How bigga boy are ya? What bike do you ride?

6 feet tall, 390. I'm 38 and have just been recovering from cancer surgery. I lost a kidney, but the good news so far looks like that's it. Being diabetic, having high blood pressure it's more important than ever for me to take care of myself. I used my tax return to buy bikes for myself,my wife and kids. I got a Trek Stash 6, and I have been very happy with it. Seems durable so far but mostly doing paved trails and riding on the road. So far my high for a week is 65 miles, trying to shoot for 100.
    Riding the bike has been a god send for a way to exercise, walking/jogging is almost impossible , but I can ride my bike for 15 mile with no joint pain.

I love this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    6' 230#
    Ive been lurking around trying to figure out what Im going to buy. Ill probably start out used for now. There are a couple that Ive looked at at a lbs. Hopefully in a week or two Ill make up my mind and pull the trigger.
    Last edited by FiremanDan; 07-20-2014 at 10:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Short and fat here. 5'8" 280 pounds...former hockey player so the bulk of my weight is in my butt and legs, though there is some belly there.

Rode a Trek Fuel 80 back in the early 00's when I was in better shape. Marriage, kids, and a job change packed on the pounds for me.

Picked up a few year old Trek 4300 Disc for a song, so I'm getting back into the swing of things now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    6'3" here and 310lbs. Currently riding a Specialized hard rock sport and hoping it'll hold up till I drop a few pounds. I've always been heavy, just getting tired enough of it to get out and move a little more.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Roll Call: How bigga boy are ya? What bike do you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by tacorobot View Post
    6 feet tall, 390. I'm 38 and have just been recovering from cancer surgery. I lost a kidney, but the good news so far looks like that's it. Being diabetic, having high blood pressure it's more important than ever for me to take care of myself. I used my tax return to buy bikes for myself,my wife and kids. I got a Trek Stash 6, and I have been very happy with it. Seems durable so far but mostly doing paved trails and riding on the road. So far my high for a week is 65 miles, trying to shoot for 100.
    Riding the bike has been a god send for a way to exercise, walking/jogging is almost impossible , but I can ride my bike for 15 mile with no joint pain.

I love this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It's gooooddd. Keep riding that's help a lot

I'm riding to get better condition to be there for my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    6'1" 250 lbs and no ride yet. Still trying to decide on one. Hoping to get back down to my fighting weight (190) before my daughter hits a year old.

Carpet Pisser
    6'2" 265. Rode an '08 Rockhopper 29er SS/rigid on and off for five years. Just built up a '13 Soma Juice 29er, again SS/rigid. Been logging 30-35 mile rides, three days a week. Work schedule permitting, I'd like to eventually increase that to 35-40 miles with more mountain thrown in, 4-5 days a week. Hoping to get down to about 220.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    6'2" and 350lbs. Currently being treated for Dilated Cardiomyopathy and as part of that I gained a huge amount of weight, which I am slowly chipping away at. Topped out at 490lbs and am working my way down.

Bought a Kona Splice 29er a year ago, but it was garaged for 13 months under doctor's orders... Now I'm allowed it out to play, so it's getting a few airings while I learn how to use the damn thing again. I'll be keeping you posted, I'm sure!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialized29 View Post
    You're a big boy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    6'2", 185 pounds. Not heavy enough to be a clyde.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    5'10 448lbs, had double knee surgery and ankle surgery in 2012 and 2013.... pushed my weight up from big to dangerous....

got my haro flightline 2 last week... got a customized 36 double walled wheel for the back tire..it gets in Wed. will be biking it down to the Ymca and back...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    6'1 275#, loving this forum. It' helps to not feel like I'm the only massive pile of meat riding my bike around. I just picked up a used 2014 Trance 3. I'm going to ride at least 3 days a week and play basketball 2 days a week and want to get down to the 220s.

I'm loving getting back into riding, which I haven't done for about 6 years. There are so many trails around here, it's easy to stay motivated. I'll get a better bike when I get my goal for extra motivation. I'm so glad I have biking to get into shape instead of more running.

This place needs an enema
    10+ years and 94 pages of responses. Great thread Ncj01!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    2014 Kona JTS, currently at 245, goal is 220. 200 would be awesome but for now 220 would be great

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2003 Kona Kikapu

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    5'11 310lbs and just bought a Giant Talon 27.5 1. It seems to be sturdy enough to tackle what I toss at it, and I'm hoping it'll help me drop pounds quickly enough that it won't have to take the abuse for long! Great thread, really helps me not feel alone. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    5'11" 330lbs. In the process of buying a used bike atm. 08 Fuji Tahoe Pro 29er. I hope it holds up!

ELQ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hello gentlemen, I am 200cm / 110kg and I have quite long limbs. I am in the process of acquiring a MTB. I'm currently looking at Trek X-caliber (2014) 5 & 7. Price difference is around 150 at LBS. Frame size would obviously be 23" and wheels 29".

I am curious to hear if any tall riders have had any experience with these models. Speak freely because your opinion will matter.

Thanks!

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ELQ View Post
    Hello gentlemen, I am 200cm / 110kg and I have quite long limbs. I am in the process of acquiring a MTB. I'm currently looking at Trek X-caliber (2014) 5 & 7. Price difference is around 150 at LBS. Frame size would obviously be 23" and wheels 29".

I am curious to hear if any tall riders have had any experience with these models. Speak freely because your opinion will matter.

Thanks!
    i'm 203cm & about 118k- l've ridden one and it's a great bike for the money, but depending on the amount of riding you plan on doing, i'd recommend the 9, as the components on the other models aren't really suitable for trail riding, other than gentle paths. You will likely find that the Suntour fork is not up to the task of mountain biking- in the US, it even has warning labels telling riders that it is not recommended for off-road use. The derailleurs and brakes are really not up to the task, either and you may find yourself breaking and replacing components frequently if you use it as a mountain bike. if you factor in the cost of upgrading the components to make it a proper mountain bike, the Superfly is a better value, although it's a little more than twice as many 's
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

ELQ
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Re: Roll Call: How bigga boy are ya? What bike do you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantic View Post
    i'm 203cm & about 118k- l've ridden one and it's a great bike for the money, but depending on the amount of riding you plan on doing, i'd recommend the 9, as the components on the other models aren't really suitable for trail riding, other than gentle paths. You will likely find that the Suntour fork is not up to the task of mountain biking- in the US, it even has warning labels telling riders that it is not recommended for off-road use. The derailleurs and brakes are really not up to the task, either and you may find yourself breaking and replacing components frequently if you use it as a mountain bike. if you factor in the cost of upgrading the components to make it a proper mountain bike, the Superfly is a better value, although it's a little more than twice as many €'s
    Okay, good to know. As this will be my first MTB, I will use it mainly for riding to work and for recreational easy XC riding. No heavy/hard stuff though. I was also considering the Felt Nine -series but Trek offers bigger frame sizes. Kona also seemed to have only 21" frames.

Sent from my SGN

Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast