Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2390
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    6'1" 215 lbs down from 240 lbs looking to get to 200 lbs. Been riding for a couple of months. Dirt bike rider my whole life, but at 52 yrs old, gotta try something that will keep me in shape.
    1st Gen Polished Nomad, Mavic EX721 Rims, DT Swiss 440 Hubs, Code 4 caliber brakes, DHX 5.0, Talas 36 fork, 1x9, Bike is 34 lbs. Getting better each ride, but still kicking my ass! Live up by Downieville, so thank god for the DH sections.

Helmetless Crasher
    5'10" 220 lbs (need to be 205 by 8/12).

Just got back into the sport in 8/11. Was a totally out of shape and soft 235 lbs at that point. Been weight-training and riding 2-3x per week since then, and am now a muscular and reasonably fit 220 lbs (can see a hint of a 4 pack). Likely lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 5 lbs of muscle. Doing a race in August, so I want to cut down to 205 by then (would see a clear cut 6 pack). About to up the cycling volume gradually but considerably.

Cannondale RZ 120-two with some upgrades:

'95 M2 StumpJumper FS
    '11 Cannondale RZ 120-two

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi all. I'm 6'0" 295lb. age 44 and have done very little riding in the last ten yrs. I recently had a '91 Bridgestone MB1 sandblasted and powder coated and after seeing all the cool new bikes at my LBS I was convinced to make it into a single speed (36x19 for now), and purchased a 2012 Trek X-Caliber. Today was my first ride on local trail and I feel like this is finally going to be the answer to some way overdue weight loss (175 when I was 18, would be thrilled if I saw 220). I am going all in, will ride trail as much as I can (twice/wk/most) and will ride daily on either the singlespeed or I also have a '93 Bridgestone XO3. Bought clipless pedals for the XO, and will migrate to the same for off road as skills improve. This is my first post, so expect lots of questions re. wheel upgrades, shock air pressures (Reba RL with Treks G2 proprietary manufacture), pedal choices, tubeless etc.

Living in WI, I feel I am mildly blessed in that there seems to be a very robust pressence of trails as well as a very welcoming mountain bike culture. I have already met some of you in my area and I have already taken a fairly decent crash so I feel like I have joined the club, and my body feels strong and resilient. I don't look my weight partly due to my fairly muscular legs and I already am fitting my clothes better than 2 weeks ago when I hit my first trail (MB1 ss). Congratulations to all who have found success, I hope to share good news soon.

mtbr member
    6'1 374 as of this morning and falling. Started at 464. I'm a competetive power lifter so being big never hindered anything, however with 3 growing boys, one a teen, it's time to start thinking about longevity. Always been active, I can run, jump, and all that right now, but at this weight it's best to drop as much as I can so I can stick around to annoy the wife long in to her 80's. I'm currently 27.

I picked up a Trek Wahoo 29er last month from the LBS and have been having a blast on it. I've been gentle, but so far it's been a tank. Will be looking to upgrade a few things in time.

mtbr member

Some pics of the first time out last month. I plan on taking our camera along the next ride and getting some actual shots instead of camera phone pics.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm 6'2 and currently 215, down 10lbs from the start of the year. I travelled a lot at the end of last year and put on nearly 30lbs due to lack of exercise and living on expenses.

Currently on an 09 BMC Trailfox 02 (and a Cervelo road bike and a Trek hybrid). Planning to get my weight down to 205 before the end of the year. Currently my main sporting goals are running based, but I love getting on the bikes on the non-running days and just going out. I use my trek in place of my car running local errands.

Anyway, good luck to all with your goals

Heavylegs
    Apr 2012
    When is the crossover to being considered a Clydesdale? Is there set numbers or is it just when someone feels like they are a bit oversized than average?.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

6'6" 270lbs Giant

Hello All!
    I'm back into biking after a 15 year hiatus from my old '92 Trek 830 (on it's 3rd pair of suspension forks). Now armed with a new 23" 2011 Specialized Rockhopper Comp 29er, I'm ready to get started.

As the story goes for many others, I snapped a pedal on my 3rd ride and am wondering what will be next???

Bike image to come later (once I log 10 posts to qualify)

Jason

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSEAT View Post
    Hi everyone. 6'6.....375lbs looking to drop down to 3 ....currently riding a giant xtc2 "09" brought it brand new expecting to start riding again after about a 13yrs of non riding,,anyway bought a house ,have 2nd kid ....hete i am now finally trying to get back in the trails would really like to do som amateur downhill ,,can anyone recommend a respectable fs bike without having to take a 2nd mortgage.....lol
    Your best bet is a Santa Cruz Heckler but you're still looking at $2,000 new for the basic model. Unfortunately full suspension bike that will hold up for a clyde aren't cheap.
    He who dares....wins!

Mountain Biking isÖ
    May 2012
    7'1 245 pounds from jersey.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealbigtom View Post
    7'1 245 pounds from jersey.
    Top Clydes?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    6'8" 360

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Hello everybody. Im 5'11 at 250 (was a Lineman in Football). I rida a 2010 Trek/Fisher mamba.

mtbr member
    6'1 and 211 as of a couple of days ago. I've been riding for 19 years and the past few years have been gradually slacking off for some reason. Is anyone else had the problem of wanting to ride, but always coming up with excuses to talk yourself out of it? That's me at this point. I have a major mental block for some reason and I can't seem to get past it. 6 months ago I was 200lbs.but after going through narcotic addiction a few months ago( back problems since 2000) I've gotten worse about riding. It sux big time because I beat myself up about not riding, after it's to late to go ride. Anyway, I'm working on it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Speed Thrills
    Having trouble motivating yourself? Sign up for some races. That's my motivation. I hate getting me a$$ handed to me at a race. That's enough motivation for me.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I`m about 6-1ish and weigh about 305. I bought my bike this morning (Specialized Hardrock SD 29) and some gear to go with it. I actually havent ridden in 25/30 years, so this ought to be good I have my goals set though, and WILL reach them.

I`m almost 55 now and have too much beer gut and plain ol fat. I did quit smoking over a year ago and feel much better for reaching that goal, now its getting in better shape and a healthier life style.

The folks at my LBS were very positive and upbeat about my choice to get fit and had lots of good tips. They got quite a laugh when I said, " Wow, these bikes nowadays have changed alot." Then I realized what I`d said and laughed too..

Once I took a test ride, it was a great feeling again and I cant wait to build some stamina and get off road ( on novice trails ).

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa29 View Post
    I`m about 6-1ish and weigh about 305. I bought my bike this morning (Specialized Hardrock SD 29) and some gear to go with it. I actually havent ridden in 25/30 years, so this ought to be good I have my goals set though, and WILL reach them.

I`m almost 55 now and have too much beer gut and plain ol fat. I did quit smoking over a year ago and feel much better for reaching that goal, now its getting in better shape and a healthier life style.

The folks at my LBS were very positive and upbeat about my choice to get fit and had lots of good tips. They got quite a laugh when I said, " Wow, these bikes nowadays have changed alot." Then I realized what I`d said and laughed too..

Once I took a test ride, it was a great feeling again and I cant wait to build some stamina and get off road ( on novice trails ).
    congrats!! Enjoy! and welcome!! you're in for some fun!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hello all, I'm 27, 5'10" 280 pounds and am getting back into biking to lose weight. I used to ride a lot but then with college and a full time job, I ended up sitting around getting fat. I bought an 11 GF Wahoo last year and just picked up an 06 specialized epic. My goal is 180 pounds so I have 100 to lose. I plan to be at my target weight in two years, or right before I hit 30.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Howdy, I', 35, 6'10", 310 pounds. Just started mtbing a month ago and it has really filled a spot for my "crazy eye" activity. I used to be a pro bball player and this is filling the void. In May I bought a Specialized sport disc 29er and am loving the trails. I went with the entry-level bike to make sure that its something I stick with and don't spend a grand or more on a bike to just tow my kids around. I would like to work my way back to 275-80lbs. Havin a blast!

N00B to the Sport 33
    Jun 2012

Hello from Ohio

Hello everyone,
    I am very new to the sport and just kind of stumbled upon this site about a week ago, it is great TONS of info and great people sharing the info. I read about 10 pages or so of this thread and I think Iím the heaviest guy in here at 415lb standing about 5í10Ē. It all started about 3 months ago I finally just got fed up and decided it was time to change my life I was 460lb and hated it! So I started eating better and just making better, healthier choices. About 7 Weeks in I was down 20lb to 440lb and decided it is time to toss in some exercise! So I thought there is a huge parking lot not too far from my house that is empty all weekend and has some small trails off of it why not get a bike and start riding? I went to the Walmart Ė fall Ė a - part store and looked for the biggest beefiest bike they had, after all the last time I was on a bike was 20 years ago so I didnít want to run out and spend a lot of money one just to find out I canít ride or worse didnít like to ride! Well itís been 5 weeks and Iím down to 415lb and riding 5-6miles a day every Saturday and Sunday . Granted this is on pavement that is relatively flat with the exception of one incline that stretches about a quarter mile long. So needless to say, I AM HOOKED on the sport and ready to start looking for a ďREALĒ bike so I can progress even more. Despite the fact that I got my Mongoose Deception 29er at the Walmart Ė fall Ė a - part it has held up good for my needs, now if I was a more aggressive rider Iím sure some issues would have surfaced. It is built better than I thought it would be and even with someone my size on it the rims are still true. So now the hunt begins, I am looking to find a better bike, even if I have to start buying pieces new or used and build slow. I am on a tight budget at the moment. My first goal is to see what I can get new or used for about $300, even if it is just a heavy duty steel frame thatís what I have to start with. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    William

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDamnGuy View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am very new to the sport and just kind of stumbled upon this site about a week ago, it is great TONS of info and great people sharing the info. I read about 10 pages or so of this thread and I think Iím the heaviest guy in here at 415lb standing about 5í10Ē. It all started about 3 months ago I finally just got fed up and decided it was time to change my life I was 460lb and hated it! So I started eating better and just making better, healthier choices. About 7 Weeks in I was down 20lb to 440lb and decided it is time to toss in some exercise! So I thought there is a huge parking lot not too far from my house that is empty all weekend and has some small trails off of it why not get a bike and start riding? I went to the Walmart Ė fall Ė a - part store and looked for the biggest beefiest bike they had, after all the last time I was on a bike was 20 years ago so I didnít want to run out and spend a lot of money one just to find out I canít ride or worse didnít like to ride! Well itís been 5 weeks and Iím down to 415lb and riding 5-6miles a day every Saturday and Sunday . Granted this is on pavement that is relatively flat with the exception of one incline that stretches about a quarter mile long. So needless to say, I AM HOOKED on the sport and ready to start looking for a ďREALĒ bike so I can progress even more. Despite the fact that I got my Mongoose Deception 29er at the Walmart Ė fall Ė a - part it has held up good for my needs, now if I was a more aggressive rider Iím sure some issues would have surfaced. It is built better than I thought it would be and even with someone my size on it the rims are still true. So now the hunt begins, I am looking to find a better bike, even if I have to start buying pieces new or used and build slow. I am on a tight budget at the moment. My first goal is to see what I can get new or used for about $300, even if it is just a heavy duty steel frame thatís what I have to start with. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    William
    Way to go William. I wish you nothing but the best. Check out Mark's Daily Apple for some good eating ways. There is a section on people who have lost weight called cussess stories. It has some good insperational stories on people how have changed there lives.

Did you ever have ham?
    William, great job!!! I love to read stories like this because they help to motivate me also. I am 6'4" and bouncing around between 355-365. What complicates my situation is that I am also diabetic, but I am making progress...I am down about 40 pounds since the middle of Feb. Keep up the great work and I look forward to reading your updates!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDamnGuy View Post
    Hello everyone,
    William

You have said a most important thing! 1) Nutrition is #1, you cant train your way out of a crappy diet. I see your results on the bike and its funny cause I used a Scwhinn Airdyne to lose about 40 or so pounds. I'm a strength and condition coach for a small college and I've used the bike to condition athletes. It really is great. But, with trail riding I feel like I actually went somewhere......wait....I did. Good work!

N00B to the Sport 33
    Jun 2012
    Midtown, thanks for the support and the website!!

N00B to the Sport 33
    Jun 2012
    Motoman465, thanks and good job to you as well. A very good friend of mine is diabetic he loves dlife.com, it has helped him out a lot you should check it out ..

jlove45, thanks for the support! Nutrition has been the number one thing for me, I noticed a big difference in how I felt just by giving up fast food, before I even started to notice any weight loss I just felt better and had more energy.
    Last edited by ThatDamnGuy; 06-20-2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: add comment

Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 ... LastLast