Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'm 6'2 205lbs, back in July when i started riding again after 12 years I was 245lbs. I ride an XL 03 Fuel 80 that is anything but stock. Current picture

Last edited by Murchman; 03-11-2004 at 05:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

6' @ 225 (was 230, looking for 200)

Nice to see the big boys are out in force.

Riding a 03 DBR xts moto. And winner of the 2002 Heavy but Healthy Postfalls Biathalon. It was fun passing all of the guys with the skinny road bikes with flats on my old 32lb FSR Comp.

mtbr member

IBIS Ripley

230 lbs 6' 1" IBIS ripley Best bike I ever owned!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like pie
    Feb 2004
    6', 210lbs, Trek 4300.

mtbr member

I weigh how much?

6'3" 245 of pure me.

04 Sworks Enduro (Thanx Specialized!)
    03 Epic (New to me to replace stolen hard tail)
    03 Allez (Gets most of the miles this time of year)
    98 Rock Hopper (Single speed)

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 6"3', about 270#. Nowhere near as good a rider as most of you (and without really technical trails), I'm on a Schwinn Mesa. It's a fantastic bike for my ability.

Happy as a little girrrrl
    I'm 6'2" and weigh in at about 208. I'd like to hit 195 or even less which may happen soon because the weather is clearing up finally. I just started riding a year ago almost to the day and started with a Fuji Outland SE. It is now my commuter for about 10 miles a day round trip, and recently for my birthday I got (bought!) a Giant NRS 3 for the dirt. I LOVE the Giant!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I am 5'10" and weigh about 225. I ride a Marin team chromoly hardtail and I love the bike. It is a 97 model and it is still holding strong.( could be because back in the days when I bought it I was a bit lighter)

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    6'6" 250lbs
    I'd have to argue about 205 being clydesdale...i weighed that in 8th grade!
    here's my Vulture 29er SS weighing in at a brisk 29lbs.

and my light trailbike.... 34lbs of love

no picture of my big bike.. my 40lb Santa Cruz Bullit..hmmmmmmm, tasty....
    okay..here's a picture of the big bike... it used to be my xc warrior but now is relegated to mostly DH duty along with some light xc or urban naughytness....

Dr. Porkenheimer

Finally - some normal guys!

...and not some skinny-a$$ed weirdos. How dare they pass us on the uphills anyway?

6'1" 216 lbs. - I'm down from 222 lbs. on January 1st. I've been working out 3-4x a week with free weights and high-intensity cardio (how's 45 mins. on the stairmaster for fun?), so some fat weight is now muscle weight. Losing is hard now that I'm 10 months from 40, but I'm determined to be fit and forty rather than fat and forty - my goal is 190 lbs.

I've got two bikes currently - a circa 1989 Kona Hei Hei, currently with a Manitou Black and Rhyno Lites, and a brand new Giant AC2 which appears to be bombproof, even for a dainty, graceful guy like me. Pics are "before" me surrounded by yummy food and the new bike.

mtbr member
    6-3" and 265 here, trying to get down to 225-230. Here's my ultralight XC bike: 03 BigHit Expert with 03 Super T. It's not worth the trouble for me to try to use light weight parts. I'd rather drag around a few extra pounds of bike than have to constantly replace broken parts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

East Coast Clydesdale...

6'2", 225lbs. Ride a Bontrager Race steel hardtail. I keep trying to convince myself to get a SC Heckler, but the Bontrager keeps convincing me to ride it one more season (going on 9 years straight on the same bike).

BTW - this photo is after a clydesdale race in the Mid-Atlantic. I'm starting my boys early in the mtb race scene.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm 6'0" and 225 lbs. down from 260+ lbs. in May '03. There seems to be a weight loss/low carb theme around here. Count me in with that group. I've been riding serioiusly, more or less, since 1993.

My current bikes:
    '03 Kona Dawg, stock except for the Mavic Crossmax XLs
    '02 Fisher Mt. Tam 29, all stock
    I also have an '97 Trek 8000 that I'm thinking about converting into a singlespeed so I can see what all the hype is about.

I've had a coupe troubles with the Dawg but overall, I'm extremely happy with both bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

6'2"/220lb/DeKerf

I'm 6'2" and float between 215-220 these days - likely to go down now that I'll be commuting 50km/day.
    Just had to sell my beauty Blur...sigh... but I'm now sharing my son's 19.5" DeKerf Team ST. Went out with a buddy last weekend for it's maiden voyage. Such a sweet bike, but boy does it need at least a front disc!?! I'd forgotten what life with V-brakes was like here in BC - pull the levers to the bar and hope for the best. I put on some Rhinolite/Michelin DH tires for the ride (a bit overkill, but suited the ride we went on), so the bike's a bit different from the pic.

Cheers boys,

Mike E.

Who's that guy?

6'2", 220#

6'2", 220#
    I am glad there is a forum for us X-L types. I ride with a bunch of smaller (and younger) guys and they constantly kick my butt. I may never be able to keep up with them, but I will have just as much fun as they do.
    The bike in the pic is my old '99 Specialized Enduro Test Bike. I have a new '04 Specialized Enduro Pro with all XC stuff on it. So far so good.
    [SIZE=2]
    Slow and steady gets you...7th place.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"Hey! Where is everybody going??"[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    6'2", 210 pounds, ride a Haro Extreme X2

Professional lurker
    Yeah Patt, it's me. I'm still a smart ass. Still a clyde. Still a 'Junkie...

Johnny Dependable

Wow, this thread has been going for a while now!....

I'm at my typical snowboarding seasonal weight of 268lbs, and 6' 3" tall. But, mountain bike/kayak/backpacking season is right around the corner. I'll be weighing in at around 250 by the middle of June, I suspect. I don't go too much below 250, which is a healthy weight for somebody with my muscle mass/bone density and height.

I ride an 03 Ironhorse SGS pro for downhill, a 98 k2 Beast for freeride and an 00 KHS Team ST for XC.

The worst part of being a clydesdale: having all your friends waiting for you when you finally get to the top of a climb.

The best part of being a clydesdale: waiting for all your friends at the car while they get down the hill!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

got one of dose too

VD straight up - got it cheap off ebay and run it as SS [44x18 or 16] love the frame but the stash bars and that adjustable stem had to go. - couldn't get to stay tight. my other rides
    are
    old nishiki fixie
    GT tachyon SS
    Cdale roadie which sees no love now that i have been bitten by the SS fixie bug. who knew a bike i bought for 140 bucks would become my fave.
    holding steady at 6' 2" 210 -

QUOTE=f*nŠtik]...and someday I'll break that magic 199 barrier just to prove to myself I can do it.

My current stable consists of three bikes:

For winter riding I rely primarily on my Van Dessel Buzz Bomb. It's a 29"er (all you big guys need to try a 29"er) and it rocks in the mud.

White Brothers CX-1 air fork, 2.1" WTB Nanoraptors, Avid 185/165 discs, Thudbuster, F&R Fenders, and who can forget the Rohloff Speedhub.

If I get to it before my edit times out I'll update this picture with the current 31.8 bar setup: Ritchey aluminum "Rizer" and Titec RIP stem, along with LP ends.

The rims are heavy mofos from Alex -- G4000 me thinks? -- and over 700g apiece. That doesn't automatically mean they're strong, just heavy.

My next full suspension bike is sure to be a 29"er, but that's probably going to be a ways off.

My other pride and joy is my Iron Horse Hollowpoint. Yeah, it's got tiny 26" wheels, but it's a fun bike all the same.

Manitou X-Vert Air up front and Cane Creek AD12 in the rear (can you tell I'm an air shock fan?) with 2.4" Mutanoraptor in front and my old standby, Continental Traction Pro 2.1 in the rear.

I went with a medium frame on this one because of cockpit length, and therefore have to go with way too much seatpost extension coupled with a high rise (25░ rise) stem plus 1.5" of spacers underneath it. This is so I could run my Titec Hellbent Flat Tracker, whereas a riser bar could have eliminated spacers and/or stem rise.

I'm also running Avid 185/165 discs on this one, along with a Rohloff Speedhub, and while I had to rebuild the Sun DS1XC front rim after it completely untensioned on me, the Velocity Aero Heat in the rear benefits from the wide, symmetrical build the Speedhub offers and has been completely bulletproof.

Then I gots my "town bike" -- it ain't really a road bike due to the narrow gearing on account of the Nexus gear hub -- and to be honest, I don't know how the runs stand up to any abuse with the skinny little high pressure tires.

The theory behind this bike is that it consists of a collection of cheap components and can easily be locked up without too much fear of parts being stolen off of it. Theory hasn't been fully tested yet (haven't left it chained up overnight in SF). Kinda screams for attention though, doesn't it?

But heck, this is a mountain bike forum, so who cares! Here's a pic.

[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

225#, 6'

Just finished up my winter build:

Trek Y11 frame
    Marzocchi EXR fork
    Truvativ Stylo Team cranks
    Shimano XT front, rear der & shift pods
    Shimano Deore disc brakes front and rear (A2Z adapter on rear)
    Rock Shox Sid w/ lockout (added after picture)
    Vuelta Excalibur XC wheelset (heavy but they look pretty good)

I just hope the frame holds up while my weight comes down. I'm shooting for 200-205.

Is my rear tire flat?

215-220 5'11"

Rocky Mountain Instinct
    Klein Pulse Race SingleSpeed
    ISO Strong Lightweight Rims.

Who was it that said "Strong, Lightweight, Cheap: Pick two"
    Back riding again in Sunny SoCal. Outskirts of Palm Springs.

mtbr member

6'2" 210# up from 200 before I started riding again

Dont get it, when I got back into riding I got heaver?? fat to musle I hope.
    I ride a 99 stumpjumper FSR on the trail and a new 04 K2 zed HT to work every day all year, and I live in the north west so it rains all winter. But I will not stop no matter how crazy my family thinks I am! sorry no pics.

Just Ride!

... and if we just ... Here are my bikes...

in multiple posts Sorry about the mess in the background. This is my trail bike.

Just Ride!

This is my Single Speed..

Bianchi SISS. Not shown in the pic is my 44/18 gearing for commuting..
    Last edited by Pigtire; 04-02-2004 at 10:43 AM.

Just Ride!

And my all time fav....

Rocklobster Cyclocross. For the past 2 years this was my main offroad bike till I had my nasty accident and developed sciatica and then I was out for a total of 8 months. Slowly but surely I am getting back to my cycling form. I forgot.. I weigh in at 215 lbs.
    Last edited by Pigtire; 04-02-2004 at 11:38 AM.

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast