Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Not sure if I qualify as a Clydesdale or not (maybe a Junior Clydesdale). I am 6' tall and weight 202 lbs striped down, 210lbs in street clothes, and probably just a bit bit under 215lbs at riding weight. I have been rding a Mongoose hardtail, but I just got a Gary Fisher Hi Fi Plus full suspension bike yesterday.

mtbr member
    6'1", 225, which sounds small compared to a lot of you. My main mtb now is a rigid Voodoo Aizan 29er, run 1x9.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Super Clyde

long time lurker finally posting I am 6' 0" & currently 337lbs (I was 349 when I started riding again this summer) I just turned 52 yesterday. My long term goal is to get back down to 220-240 range.

My ride is a late 90's Gary Fisher Marlin, I just upgraded the crank & BB to Deore & upgraded the back wheel to a Big Mammoth/Deore/DT Swiss, cracked the seam the first day

I live in Shallow Lake, Ontario, Canada & work in Owen Sound, ON

I try to ride to work every day, 10.5 miles on rail trail/road, some times I even ride home!
    (wife works at same place & rack is always on the car).

Mostly lurk here & over at the Eastern Canada forum.

later

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flame
    long time lurker finally posting I am 6' 0" & currently 337lbs (I was 349 when I started riding again this summer) I just turned 52 yesterday. My long term goal is to get back down to 220-240 range.

My ride is a late 90's Gary Fisher Marlin, I just upgraded the crank & BB to Deore & upgraded the back wheel to a Big Mammoth/Deore/DT Swiss, cracked the seam the first day

I live in Shallow Lake, Ontario, Canada & work in Owen Sound, ON

I try to ride to work every day, 10.5 miles on rail trail/road, some times I even ride home!
    (wife works at same place & rack is always on the car).

Mostly lurk here & over at the Eastern Canada forum.

later
    Good for you. It's a tough row to hoe, but at least cycling is fun exercise. You don't really have to force yourself to do it. Now all you've got to do is get your wife on a bike- but there goes your ride home
    To the troll mobile, away...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by California L33
    Good for you. It's a tough row to hoe, but at least cycling is fun exercise. You don't really have to force yourself to do it. Now all you've got to do is get your wife on a bike- but there goes your ride home
    The wife rides with me on the weekends, she likes walking better
    We both have high stress jobs that often require OT. hence the car & rack.

I find the only time I can squeeze a long ride in is on the way to work. I just picked
    up a Night Hawk Light system as it is dark when I leave at 6:15 am, it rocks! way
    better than the 1 LED system I had before.

I have been riding bikes off & on since the early 60's. I can remember the first 26" bike I got when I was growing up in England, I think I was about 11. The first thnig I did to it was take the fenders off, put some nobby cyclocross tyres on & fit a Motocross Motorcycle Handlebar on it. We had all kinds of trails & bike paths in our town & we rode everywhere.

In the 70's I had a couple of road bikes & rode everywhere, in the 80's I had kids & this kind of put a damper on the riding. In the early 90's I got a Ralaigh Portage & renewed my interest in trail riding. I had a good riding buddy then & we put about 1000 to 1200 miles on each season. The late 90's I got my present bike & I rode it pretty regular until 2003 when I started to get knee trouble.

Knee trouble kept me of the bike until this year. I am slowly getting back up to speed & loving it. I plan on riding until it snows then setting up my trainer in the basement for the winter.

Eamon

mtbr member
    The wife rides with me on the weekends, she likes walking better
    We both have high stress jobs that often require OT. hence the car & rack.

I find the only time I can squeeze a long ride in is on the way to work. I just picked
    up a Night Hawk Light system as it is dark when I leave at 6:15 am, it rocks! way
    better than the 1 LED system I had before.

I have been riding bikes off & on since the early 60's. I can remember the first 26" bike I got when I was growing up in England, I think I was about 11. The first thnig I did to it was take the fenders off, put some nobby cyclocross tyres on & fit a Motocross Motorcycle Handlebar on it. We had all kinds of trails & bike paths in our town & we rode everywhere.

In the 70's I had a couple of road bikes & rode everywhere, in the 80's I had kids & this kind of put a damper on the riding. In the early 90's I got a Ralaigh Portage & renewed my interest in trail riding. I had a good riding buddy then & we put about 1000 to 1200 miles on each season. The late 90's I got my present bike & I rode it pretty regular until 2003 when I started to get knee trouble.

Knee trouble kept me of the bike until this year. I am slowly getting back up to speed & loving it. I plan on riding until it snows then setting up my trainer in the basement for the winter.

Eamon
    Have you considered rollers instead of a trainer? Trainers get a bit tedious, but you constantly have to pay attention with rollers because you're really riding the bike. They do take some getting used to, though. (Of course you could always go with a Surly Pugsley with 4 inch tires and just ride through the snow- http://www.surlybikes.com/pugsley.html )

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    California L33 I have looked at rollers before, but any I have seen locally do not look like they would be up to the task of supporting my 337lbs & my bike.

Do you know of any heavy duty models?

Before my knees went south I used to teach 4 or 5 spin classes a week at the local YMCA, I might look into that again for this winter.

Eamon

mtbr member
    California L33 I have looked at rollers before, but any I have seen locally do not look like they would be up to the task of supporting my 337lbs & my bike.

Do you know of any heavy duty models?

Before my knees went south I used to teach 4 or 5 spin classes a week at the local YMCA, I might look into that again for this winter.

Eamon
    Have you checked out the Performance rollers? If I remember, they're all metal and non-folding (so no hinges). I've never seen a weight rating on rollers, but I'd think the bearings would hold up, they're six of them, so the load's distributed. You'll need some non-knobby tires, too.

I use the Nash Bar folding rollers, but I'm only around 200 lbs. so barely qualify as a Clyde. I'm not sure if they'd work for you because of the plastic hinges. I also use a big fan to keep me cool.

Rollers do take a while to get used to- a bit like riding on ice, so put them in a doorway that's easy to grab onto to start, and don't use clipless pedals to start, either. They teach you a good, smooth pedal stroke, though. You'll probably spend about half an hour cursing them and grabbing the door jam every 10 seconds- then a couple of days wobbly, then it's off to the races- just like getting the training wheels off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by California L33
    Have you checked out the Performance rollers? snip.
    Thanks California L33, I'll have to check out Performace & see if they are sold in Canada.

Eamon

I Ride for Donuts
    Howdy.
    I'm 6'2", 210-215, and I ride a Kona Dawg, XT, Race Face, Marzocchi, Hayes 9 Hydraulics, Sun Rhyno Lytes.

The commuter bike is a Nashbar X Cyclocross frame/carbon fork, on 26" mtn bike wheels (soon to go 29er), avid mechanical discs, fenders....big pimpin'. I ride 6 miles to work (all winter) on a combo of dirt roads and pavement.
    You have no excuse for driving to work
    (unless you don't have studded tires)
    (no excuse for that either)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Got another Horse in town.

6'0", 260# and I'm currently on a DB Reponse (starter bike, upgrading this winter/spring)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    6'2", 240# riding a late 90's Raleigh M50. Pretty much stay in the same gear all the time and have trashed that sprocket. Any recommendations for durable replacement sprockets are appreciated. The procket is a 13 tooth, if it matters.

Bum Buzzer
    Whoops - posted an Introduction thread - looks like here is the 'right' place.

Introduction.

6' 8" - 250lbs - 38

3 Santa Cruz's rollin - pics in the above link.
    Last edited by Huck Banzai; 10-17-2007 at 03:28 PM.

flying fatass
    im 5'10" (maybe 5'11" by now)...weigh about 215...used to be at 208 at one point though...the bike i used to ride broke (cracked rear swingarm) and i havent been able to bike for a few weeks now...it was a Diamondback Coil X....served me well for the 3 years it lasted....but a cheap bike and a clyde usually dont mix very well...so ive been selling alot of stuff and will soon be the proud owner of a Jamis Dakar XLT....and be an official poser...haha...ok maybe not...
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverTail
    Should your balls sit in front of the saddle or on the saddle? Im a bit confused.

the target bike basher
    6' 3" 180 lbs, KHS dj300
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

phatmanenfuego
    Jul 2007

6' and 265#

Currently on a SC Superlight on weekends, and the Giant Iguana for training during the week. Most likely will reward myself with a FS 29er when I achieve 235.

mtbr member

Roll Call

5'11" 265 lbs, Currently losing the weight gained after a DH knee injury, ACL, MCL, AND meniscus in the right knee, gained 70 lbs in 3 years of knee recovery, and im down 25 from my high of 290.

Riding an 06 SC Heckler

New wheels for my 06 Heckler

Flaccid Member

Bubba can dance, can't climb

6' 5" 255 #'s of pure love at the time of the pic 9-4-07, down to 234# in 6 weeks of riding.

Unofficial Stress Tester for Bionicon, due to sheer (or is it shear?) mass.

Bionicon Edison II in a Large Frame 2006 frame with 2007 components consisting of:

Formula Oro K18's semi metallics, 180mm rotors, Truvativ crank, Shimano XT M756 hubs, Alex FD16 rims, DT Swiss 2.0 1.8 2.0 spokes, SRAM X7, X9 trigger shift, Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4 front, Fat Albert 2.25 rear, XFusion gas 150mm front, 140mm rear. 31#'s in current configuration.

Upgrading to DT Swiss Cerit hubs, DTSwiss 2/1.8./2mm spokes and Alex DP20 rims (on order) for dirt / mountain and will probably set the Alex FD16's up for road slicks or Nokian studded tires for snow.

Last edited by Boyonadyke; 10-18-2007 at 09:23 AM.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    5'11"-6'0" - 145-150 pounds - 14
    2006 GT I-Drive 4 5.0 Disk, soon to get a Marzocchi Marathon SL fork and a Cane Creek C9 shock

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyp Dawg
    5'11"-6'0" - 145-150 pounds - 14
    2006 GT I-Drive 4 5.0 Disk, soon to get a Marzocchi Marathon SL fork and a Cane Creek C9 shock
    Gee, I can only dream of being 150lbs.

Cannondale Lover
    Aug 2007
    I'm 5'9" and weigh 190

I ride a 2003 Cannondale f300
    Hit in the knee by a truck, couldn't ride for a month, but I'm back!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I am 5' 9" and weigh 210-215 lbs. I ride a Rocky Mountain Blizzard or Dekerf Generation.

mtbr member
    I am 5' 10" 255, last time I checked, my scales don't work anymore. I've gotten back into mountain biking hoping to lose a few pounds though. I ride a 1997 Schwinn Moab 1 that is completely stock.
    Craig

Rub it............
    I guess I'm almost a clyde. 6'2" 198 in street clothes, 194 bare.

Riding a 1991 Haro Extreme with a RS Jett C. and a mix of Sram,Shimano components.

overrated/underestimated
    Nov 2006
    6'4", 178lbs bare, 14 years old.
    my bike? a racing-oriŽnted softail.

Not a clyde, but being quite tall classifies me for this subforum.
    yeah, I know
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 rex
    Maybe "AM" riding will break a XC bike, but maybe XC riding will break an AM rider

Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 ... LastLast