Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
    I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    I'm 6' and 225lbs. I started at 265lbs. My current goal is 190 and I will re-evaluate then and possibly aim for 175. I have a hard time staying away from sweets, chocolate chip cookies mostly. Even at 265 I never realized how big I was until I saw a picture a friend of mine took and I had a huge belly hanging out. I've cut down to almost no beer or soda. Atkins doesn't work for me, I like my bread and pasta too much. I managed to lose 40lbs with exercise alone and now I'm working on cutting my food portions to lose the rest.

I ride a 03 Jamis Dakar Sport that is stock except for a Thomson seatpost and Time ATAC pedals. I've also picked up a used GT roadbike for training rides.

Lacticacid head
    6'4 290 Lbs
    Ride a Sugar 1 ( swaped the SID front for a manito Black )
    also have my original ritchey timber comp rigid, since 1982. Still riding!
    nothin like stretching shorts to the max!

Lopen is sneller....
    Oct 2003
    200 lbs

Intense Uzzi SLX
    Intense Tracer
    Specialized M4 S-Works
    Cannondale M800

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

This is my......

This is my XC bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I Dropped Out Today!

I'm a bit of a lurker here on mtbr. I've been overweight for a long time (5+ years). I'm 5' 10" and tipped the scales at 252 pounds at the end of Oct. Yeah---oct 2004. At lunch today after my workout I weighed in at 197!

As for the bikes: I ride a Cannondale F600 and a DBR SL.

Unfortunately it's the middle of winter in South Dakota and my trails are all covered with snow. I can NOT weight (pun intended) to get out and take my new body for a spin this spring.

mtbr member
    Congrats on the weight loss. That's impressive. How did you do it.
    And also how old are you. It seems tougher the older I get!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ippological
    I'm a bit of a lurker here on mtbr. I've been overweight for a long time (5+ years). I'm 5' 10" and tipped the scales at 252 pounds at the end of Oct. Yeah---oct 2004. At lunch today after my workout I weighed in at 197!

As for the bikes: I ride a Cannondale F600 and a DBR SL.

Unfortunately it's the middle of winter in South Dakota and my trails are all covered with snow. I can NOT weight (pun intended) to get out and take my new body for a spin this spring.

Congrats. Ive lost about 20-25 pounds since August when I started up again on the bike. I swear, biking is the best form of exercise. Its fun, anyone can do it, and it has great results.

Now I just need to tone up my loose gut skin.

Oh, I'm at 230, btw.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhitter
    Congrats on the weight loss. That's impressive. How did you do it.
    And also how old are you. It seems tougher the older I get!!!!!!!

Let me start by saying I'm neither a doctor or a fitness expert so I'm not recommending this to anyone!!!

But I also have to say I'm very impatient and tend to "give up" if I don't see results. My plan was simple. I was too out of shape to run so I walked. I put the treadmil at an incline (started at 3% grade) and walking 3 miles an hour.

My 1st few days I could hardly walk a mile. As time went on I kept increasing. I am up to 10% grade and about 3.7 miles an hour now. I walk 3 times a day (in the morning before work, at lunch, and again at night). I also cut my calorie intake. I'm averaging about 8 miles a day now. That's just over 2 hours of working out each day. I'm going to hit 190 then train more for fitness and biking goals---rather then weight loss.

I put my new bike (cannondale f600) in front of my treadmill and that gave me motivation.

Like I said I am PUMPED to ride outside again and hit the trails.

inner peace to make peace

210#, 5'10" does that count as Clydesdale?

I'm 210# (does that count as Clydesdale? maybe not) of fat gut and muscle (i lift weights and practice martial arts: hapkido & judo)
    I'm at my stongest around 170#

I have good endurance...but I'd lke to be faster on climbs (for xc racing) and also be faster during kickboxing or judo playing ...so I'm goonna ...snif snif...cut out the beers until weekdays...man, i'm gonna miss my daily bottle or two of porters...Stovepipe Porter & Samual Smith's Taddy Porter.

i'm also running in the morning, before work. brrrrr... it's cold at 5:30....even in Berekely... i can not imagine how freaking cold it is in them northern states.

my 4.5# steel hardtail's strong and stiff. iv'e bent three seat posts (two al. and one ti.). I've not bent my Thompson Elite seatpost and Bold Precision Ti. 30mm setback tapered seatpost. i want stronger front brake, so I'm going with a Hope M4 200mm.
    Last edited by TrailNut; 01-24-2005 at 01:49 PM.
    The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards & its fighting by fools.

banned
    I'm 6'2" and currently 225lbs. My bikes consist of a custom Liquid 55 and a MC Rumble. Over the years I have broke a C'Dale F500, Trek VRX, and a Splzd Enduro FSR.

I currently ride a custom build w/ a Liquid 55 frame (warranty replacement for the VRX).
    Last edited by eauxgod; 05-08-2006 at 06:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm 6' 6" and currently 287# I was up to 340-350ish in Feb of last year I don't know for sure how heavy I was since all of the scales I tried maxed out at 330. My current steed is a total bastard child. I broke my Diamond back V-Link about 3 years ago warrentied the frame and got a complete bike (advantage to working in a huge shop and knowing the rep) Sold the new bike to buy and engaugement ring. Been out of mountian biking since early 2002.

For now my parts are on a cheapy Access frame from Stupid-go, but I must say it's a pretty good frame for $120!

Here's my currrent parts kit:
    Marzocchi Z1 Bam 100mm
    Race Face Stem
    Cane Creak Headset
    Turbine LP cranks
    Hope Ti BB. (I know I'm too big for a ti bb, but it was the only thing my old shop had that would fit the frame and it was a freeby.)
    8speed Sram 7.0 shif and RD Sachs FD
    Velocity Deep-V rims, Rear Hugi (steel body) Front Specialized Stout
    Magura HS22 Raclines
    Misc other stuff.

mtbr member

5' 10" 270lbs. Yee Haw

04 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Disc with Panaracer Fire XC's at Tsali Trail over Labor Day weekend. I picked a great time to get the hell out of Florida when one of our four hurricanes hit.

In any case, I'm haulin' 270 lbs. and wanting to get that down to 230 or so.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    ride a racer x ti. great bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My buddy just finished my new wheelset so here is a new pic of the bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well folks,
    Here is my information:
    Weight: ~235 lbs
    While it varies little, I think that I am at the upper end of the range since I stopped
    smoking. Having said that, once the weather warms up a little here in New York
    and I empty out the basement from all our belongings (temporary storage while
    renovating the house), I cannot wait to start riding again both outside and on the
    trainer.

As for bicycles, I have an IF Crown Jewel which I havde dubbed Chimera and
    a Bianchi DISS which I usually take out when I don't want to think about shifting.
    In my insatiable appetite for more, I am also considering that swanky new Cannondale
    Cyclocross bike with disc brakes. And no, I do not need iit, I do not race, but it
    certainly looks real nice!

Kind regards,
    Dimitri

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Bigger than i Want to be

5-8 and 210-220 depending on the day. I could lose 50 easy if i could cut out the Bread, Beer (liquid bread) and Pasta out of my Diet. But they taste so good. from the waist down all muscle. got calves bigger than some peoples thighs. upper body pretty flabby.

ride 2 or 3 times a week - work/wife permitting. Sundays are Epic days 20+ day rides (lots of climbing) one the few fat guys who likes to climb!

Got a Ells Id and a GF TaSSajara Single Speed. (Ride the Id More)

Freshly Fujified

235 and coming down

Was 250 and began eating healthy and biking. Goal will be 200, so I'll always be a clyde. Been riding a Giant Warp with loads of upgrades.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    6' 3" 245 working my way down to way less since my back surgery.

My ride:

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

6'2", 240 lbs, Cannondale

I'm six-two and weigh in at 240. I bought a Cannondale F1000SL five years ago. I love the bike because its so nice looking and light, but looking back I should have bought something sturdier.

After a two years and endless trips to the shop to get the wheels trued, I switched over to Mavic D521 rims which have essentially solved that problem. The other problem is the headshock - it is simply not sturdy enough for a big guy, so the lockout feature is useless and I've had to replace the cartridge twice.

I am considering a Kona Hoss DeLux because, they claim, it is for riders who "are not afraid of carbohydrates." Anyone have any experience with the Hoss?

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    50 yrs old, 6'2" and down to 215 in part due to mtn biking. Here is a pic of my sled. Dang I love it, very sweet ride.

Last edited by zon; 02-19-2005 at 08:08 PM.

Live 2 Ride
    I weigh in at 245 and I ride a 2003 Specialized Hardrock

RST Capa TL fork (rebuilt and tweaked by your truly)
    Complete Shimano Acera drivetrain
    Deore disc brakes
    Bontrager rims

This pic is of the bike before I installed the RST fork
    My Bike: '96 Gary Fisher Aquila
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

Up yer kilt!

6' 4" - 210-220

I've been haunting the pages of MRTB since.. well, since Francis was Francios and he, along with Chuck, were running this thing out of his garage.
    Although I did purchase a fully at one point, I've gone back to my beloved Sola...

I look forward to many more miles of trails below us...

CA -

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    6' and at 260lbs, just started riding and really want to get the weight down (though I really _am_ big boned and fairly muscly) to 200lbs. I'm by no means an efficient rider, tend to poop myself out before I get too far, but it's just so much fun seeing the papergirl's face when this big guy blows past her like she's standing still.

My bike for the last 7 years has been a Muddy Fox Mega Trax which I've just fitted a ton of new parts to, a Saracen Dirt Traxx Pro and just recently had a custom built around the Instigator frame.

beater
    6'3", 255 lbs. Rode an 87 DB Ascent EX avidly until ~1991, when college and grad school got in the way (and were flat land schools). Looking to get back to pre-marriage weight of 195 or so. I picked up a 1998 Stumpjumper M2 on ebay for cheap last fall. The great thing about being away for a while is that even a 98 looks pretty boss, although I wouldn't mind having the option of putting discs on it. And after that 22" steel pig, the (smaller) Stumpy feels awesome. It'll tide me over for a few years.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    [My other pride and joy is my Iron Horse Hollowpoint. Yeah, it's got tiny 26" wheels, but it's a fun bike all the same.

Manitou X-Vert Air up front and Cane Creek AD12 in the rear (can you tell I'm an air shock fan?) with 2.4" Mutanoraptor in front and my old standby, Continental Traction Pro 2.1 in the rear.

I went with a medium frame on this one because of cockpit length, and therefore have to go with way too much seatpost extension coupled with a high rise (25 rise) stem plus 1.5" of spacers underneath it. This is so I could run my Titec Hellbent Flat Tracker, whereas a riser bar could have eliminated spacers and/or stem rise.

I'm also running Avid 185/165 discs on this one, along with a Rohloff Speedhub, and while I had to rebuild the Sun DS1XC front rim after it completely untensioned on me, the Velocity Aero Heat in the rear benefits from the wide, symmetrical build the Speedhub offers and has been completely bulletproof.

What size is the HHT or Effective TT on your Hollowpoint? I am in the process of dialing in the fit on my new MED Propet and I see you have to make some major adjustments. The Prophet has a 32.6" HHT and I am running a 100 x 5 Stem. Althoug I may put a slightly longer stem on it. I will probably also be investing in a Thompson Seatpost soon as well (410mm)

The reason I ask, is because we seem to be around the same size (6' tall) based on your Picture.

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast