mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Returning rider looking at a Cannondale rush.....any adivce???

hey everyone,

I am 6' tall, 35 y/o, and weigh roughly 250lbs. About four months ago I was getting in pretty decent shape and go hurt in a accident at our farm. Long story short I have spent the last four months doing nothing and gained roughly 30lbs because I haven't been able to get outside in the sun(3rd degree burns to approx 50% of my right arm) or do any exercise. I am now to the point where I can get outside with a long sleeve shirt on so I would like to start riding again to get back into shape. I have been looking at a cannondale rush 800 and was wondering what everyone thought about it for a clyde? I'm not looking to do anything crazy but I would like a decent riding to ride on local singletrack trails and go to the mountains maybe once a year or so. Would the rush be a bike that I could grow into? I'm sure initially it'll be alot more capable than myself but maybe over time I could do it justice...... any opinions on other f/s bikes I should look at? Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have had a Rush 800 for a couple of months. I am currently 250 (down from 298)( and 270 when I purchased the rush). It has held up well. I have ridden sigletrack and jeep trails and have had not problems with the suspension. It climbs well and the
    FS downhill is a blast. Plus, as the new models are now coming out you can get a sweet deal. I got mine about $150 off MRSP but I bet you can even get a better deal now.

vor
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am 6'3 230 and test rode a rush 600 today. Great bike and it was 300 off mrsp. Too small for me (it was a large) but if they had a xl I would have been hard pressed not to buy it. Good luck, sorry about the arm.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    The 600 is a sweet bike as well. I had ordered one before I bought the 800. I waited 4 weeks and then found out it would be another 4 before it was to make it to the LBS. THey had an 800 in stock so I took it. I'm new to mountain biking but have had a blast over the past 2 months. Let us know if you find one that fits (XL frame). The new Cannondale 29er might also be a good choice.