mtbr member

Reign I vs. II for a Clyde

I am sure this has been covered but I was unable to find it in my quick search. I am a larger rider 6’- 5” and on the upper half of the 200lb mark. I am looking into a Reign I and a Reign II. The main difference I see between the two, other than the $500 is the brakes Stroker Ryde vs. Trail. And the Fork Marz 600 TST vs. Fox 32 Float. I think I should be fine with the Ryde’s to start out with, but fully intend on switching them out for a stronger brake later if I don’t like the feel of them. My largest concern is the fork. Can someone point me in the direction of a comparison between the two for larger riders. Is it worth the $500 to upgrade to the Fox, or should I save the $500 buy the II and save up for a better fork than the 32 Float? Thanks in advance for your help.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    For us big boys, a larger rotor (especially on the front) would be at least as important as the brake model.

As for the fork, call Marzocchi and ask them if they can upgrade that 600 TST fork from the TST cartridge to an RC2. If you have issues with the TST, the RC2 conversion makes it really nice. It cost me $160 to do my Marz All Mountain 1 on my Reign.

mtbr member
    Jeffj,

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will save my money and go with the 2 and then get in touch with Marzocci to try to upgrade the damper to the RC2. Does the 600 have any issues with flex?