SS XC Junkie

Good job! Rear Shock (RP23) + Clyde + PUSH = GREAT

I thought I'd make a quick post about my Turner Sultan since I got my shock back from Push.

Setup: Turner Sultan L, RP23 Shock, Spot Rockers
    Me: 6'3, 255lbs

After getting my shock back from Push I am impressed. Being a bigger boy I've always stayed away from air shocks. The Sultan came with a RP23 so I decided to keep it and have it pushed. Prior to the Push I was using 260psi and the love volume canister. It was a good ride (especially coming from a rigid SS.) On 3' drops I'd have a couple of MM of shock clearance left before bottoming out. The shock and the ride felt good but I sent it off to Push anyways.

The shock came from Push with a card that read 250psi and 3 clicks rebound. I put the shock on the bike and gave it a spin. I immediately noticed that the rear of the bike was a little more spongy but in a very smooth way. It didn't necessarily bob when I pedaled but you could feel the shock moving. Hitting the curb at 7mph I was very surprised that the tattle tail rubber band showed I still had 1/4 of the shock travel left. Did a bunny hop off the gutter and landed hard on the back wheel. I still had 1/4 of the shock travel left.

After a couple trips to the trails the shock is AWESOME. It absorbs small roots, bumps, and cracks like nothing and the travel is oh-so-smooth... I hit some 3' drops and the shock simply absorbs them with quite a bit of shock travel left. I did a 4' drop last weekend and still had 4mm of shock travel on the tattle tail. 6" and 8" roots are easily absorbed even when riding back behind the seat. Hit the propedal and the shock gets a little firmer but still does a nice job absorbing small stuff. Once it get past 20% compression it definitely seems to get firmer. It works very well for climbing!

If you guys are stuck on coils and want to give air a try, call the guys at Push and see if they can do something for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    What was the cost?

SS XC Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPockets
    What was the cost?
    $130 with overnight return shipping. They have different price listed on their website but I called and spoke with them on the phone and they set everything up for me.

29 some of the time...
    Their services got bumped about $10 higher with the release of the new website.

Thanks for the review. I am currently waiting for my shock to get back. Got it in just before the price hike. Scheduled to get pushed next week. Getting mine tuned for my Heckler. I thought about tuning the rp23 on my Sultan, but never got around to it. One of the lightweight clydes in my cycling club had his pushed for the sultan and was very happy with the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

29 some of the time...
    Oops, double-down on that post for good measure
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Glad to hear the outcome of your PUSH'd shock... I've had work done by them on two Fox rear shocks and plan to have one more done soon. They do good work and pay close attention to your riding style, weight and bike model. Although Fox is starting to do custom tuning work, PUSH will always have my business... HAVE FUN!