mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Rear Shock for GT XCR 99

Hey guys, I need to change my "ROCK SHOX DELUX" rear shock that came stock on my 99 GT XCR (HEAVY BIKE?). The I-Drive is killing me on the uphills with that shock. I usually XC with LOTS of tech-climbs and fast descents. I'm 230 6'3".

I'm thinking about may be RP3? I'll need somthing that's 6.5 (eye to eye) with, I believe, 1.5 travel. Should I be looking for a Coil Over? or would all air be ok?

Any ideas will be appreciated

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    comon guys......the ebay auction ends in 18 hours ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2004
    look for a float RL - lockout and air-sprung. worked great on my 2000 xcr 2000. hope i am not too late.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Actually, you're not! since I didn't get ANY replies I didn't buy anything :-) I'll be looking for the RL now.....THX
    1999 GT XCR 4000 with the HORRIBLE Rock Shock Deluxe and a Manitou Black.

LOOKING FOR AN UZZI or aVPREE 2004+ in Large

mtbr member
    May 2004
    there is also some mysterious bike/parts retailer out there who has a couple of the old shocks specific to GTs, search qbike for gt and rock shox...maybe that would help.
    Otherwise, you can probably find a used RL on ebay/mtbr for less than $100 and just get it serviced. The Lockout mechanism should be accessible with a bit of practice by reaching down, and the Rebound should have 13 or so clicks of adjustment. PSI to about bodyweightand that should set sag, but double check the fox site in the owner's manual for that year.
    happy trails.