Thread: Racing?

mtbr member

Racing?

Well I'm setting a goal to participate in a xc(well i think its about an hour) race in June.
    I'm 35 5'11" and currently 225. I'm doing a bulk right now trying to get that 315 bench press before my 36th birthday.
    But I can cut down to 200 pretty quickly/easily.
    To run in the Clyde division how exactly does it work? I've read through the rules on the website of the race but it doesn't say much.
    Do they weigh you?
    Take your word for it unless somebody petitions?
    Weigh before or after race? Shoes? Helmet?
    I don't forsee me being in any position where it should really matter...probably bringing up the rear. Lol. But you never know

They also have an Intro class, which might be an option if Im under 200 or the Clyde class looks like I'll get totally destroyed.

Thanks
    Randy

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    If you really want to be competitive i would start out in the intro category. It may be different there, but in the Clydesdale class around here there are some svelte 200 pounders that are fast.

mtbr member
    I've been to races where they weighed clydes. I've been to ones where they weighed the podium finishers before they were given awards (presumably to humiliate sandbaggers, which is a fantastic idea IMO), most just take your word for it, though if you looked close they might track down a scale.

If you weigh 201 because you drank an extra glass of water before the weigh in, you are sandbagging. That's no different than just buying a trophy and pretending you won it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules
    I've been to races where they weighed clydes. I've been to ones where they weighed the podium finishers before they were given awards (presumably to humiliate sandbaggers, which is a fantastic idea IMO), most just take your word for it, though if you looked close they might track down a scale.

If you weigh 201 because you drank an extra glass of water before the weigh in, you are sandbagging. That's no different than just buying a trophy and pretending you won it.
    That's cool, sounds like even if I'm still way over 200# intro will be for me.
    More into having fun, rather run with others out for the same reason.
    Bonus, intro class has no entry fee.

Members who have read this thread: 0