mtbr member
    Dec 2004

RacerX 29er for 240 pound trail rider?

What do yíall think about a RacerX 29er for a 240 pound trail rider?

Thereís an í08 RacerX 29er available locally, which Iím considering. I donít huck, but I do occasionally find myself in the air and take the occasional 4-5 foot drop. Iíve been doing this sort of riding on an XC hardtail (Giant Rainier) for a couple of years without breaking it.

I'm concerned about breakability and replacement parts.

This is a cross post from the Titus forum...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...73#post7795373

S-Mart's Top of the Line
    So...reviews here: http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-sus...5_1526crx.aspx

I've never ridden one but if you are worried about breaking stuff, I'd look at all mountain/DJ/downhill stuff instead of cross-country, else the only advantage is the rear suspension...you still have a light XC frame.

Like you, I'm on a hardtail cross country and am going through the same thing...it's lasted this long without issues, but I want to upgrade, so I feel ya'. But again, never been on the titus, so read the reviews, specifically concerned to durability. Only problem is durability for a 160 pound XC rider is a bit different from a 240 pound clyde hitting a 5 foot drop, so keep that in mind. Maybe someone around here that's a clyde has one and can chime in.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    There's a lightly used one for sale locally. I dismissed it at first for all the obious reasons, but yesterday the price dropped and I needed someone to tell me to step away, cause I've been wanting a full sus ride for a couple of years now. I'll just be patient and wait until the right deal comes along.

S-Mart's Top of the Line
    step away. You'll be in the same boat I am, always replacing crap. I've been eye-ing FS lately too....just buy a frame and build what you want. Such a better deal than buying a factory package and then upgrading.