Probably drunk right now

A quick fall off the wagon update...

For those of you who care, I posted my weight loss/lifestyle change commitment a couple of weeks ago here.

One of my suggestions for long term weight loss is not beating yourself up too much for falling off the wagon but rather to recognize the slip as temporary and clib back on.

Last weekend (starting on Thursday) my family took off to spend a weekend with my in-laws. My wife's family are a bunch of giant Dutch farmers from Iowa. Our weekend reunions consist of eating a bunch of unhealthy food, drinking waaay to much booze and generally running our bodies in to the ground. This year's trip was no exception.

From last Thursday at noon to my weigh in this morning, I gained 8 pounds. I knew it was coming, was prepared to accept the weight loss and I'm comitted to getting the extra pounds off.

So today, I start back on the path. I'm 188 pounds as of this morning, heading back down to below 180.

Cheers,

Ken
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    For those of you who care, I posted my weight loss/lifestyle change commitment a couple of weeks ago here.

One of my suggestions for long term weight loss is not beating yourself up too much for falling off the wagon but rather to recognize the slip as temporary and clib back on.

Last weekend (starting on Thursday) my family took off to spend a weekend with my in-laws. My wife's family are a bunch of giant Dutch farmers from Iowa. Our weekend reunions consist of eating a bunch of unhealthy food, drinking waaay to much booze and generally running our bodies in to the ground. This year's trip was no exception.

From last Thursday at noon to my weigh in this morning, I gained 8 pounds. I knew it was coming, was prepared to accept the weight loss and I'm comitted to getting the extra pounds off.

So today, I start back on the path. I'm 188 pounds as of this morning, heading back down to below 180.

Cheers,

Ken

Pretty easy to wander off the path isn't it? Keep after it, just a minor setback. Thanks for posting this as a reminder that life happens.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    Pretty easy to wander off the path isn't it? Keep after it, just a minor setback. Thanks for posting this as a reminder that life happens.
    +1

It's actually impossible to gain 8 pounds in 4 days... Well almost... My guess is half of it is water weight which will come off pretty easily. The other half... Well you know the drill...

Oh Yeah Baby
    Gain 8lbs , and then lose 12lbs.

Aint nothing but a thang. You'll be back in stride in no time.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent

Probably drunk right now

Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by dadtorbn View Post
    +1

It's actually impossible to gain 8 pounds in 4 days... Well almost... My guess is half of it is water weight which will come off pretty easily. The other half... Well you know the drill...
    Some of it is certainly water weight. And I knew what I was getting in to when we went up there. Not a big deal.

Between my morning ride yesterday and an ass kicking in the gym last night, I'm down a couple pounds this morning. Some water, some fat.

Probably drunk right now

Yep #2...

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker99 View Post
    Gain 8lbs , and then lose 12lbs.

Aint nothing but a thang. You'll be back in stride in no time.

Already back in stride. I don't have a specific weight loss target. I use weight loss as a way to track progress (or in this case, regression) but How much a ultimately lose isn't important as the health, wellness and body fat %age to me.