Thread: Push Industries

Fat Tire Fatty
    Oct 2006

Push Industries

Can anyone give me some feedback on these guys and their services? I am 6'1" 240lbs and I have a Fox RP3 rear shock on my 2006 Kona King Kikapu. The shock performs ok under my fat @ss, but was wondering if it would be worth my while & money to have it "Pushed". Any thoughts???

Captain Underpants
    Darren is da bomb. These guys do great work.

I would highly reccommend sending your RP3 in to them for service and pushing. Given your input, they can custom tune the RP3 so the platform acutally works. I had a stock rp23 on a Flux and the platform never really worked (horrible), but I know the Pushed versions worked very well.

mtbr member

Great service !

Im almost the same as you 230lbs, 6" Rp3 user , the shock was fine just lost air and needed to be served, sent it to Fox and it was fine for few month but then again started to loose air , sent it to Push for that and some tuning, it was fast and painless and now over a year later the shock is still perfect, actually far better then the the original.

long standing member
    I had the Push Factory Race System service done on the Fox Vanilla RC on my RFX. It performs great. I purchased the frame used and never rode the shock before it was rebuilt, so I can't offer a before and after comparison. Push can do modifications to the valving that I think are especially beneficial to us heavier guys. Even if you're not gonna send it in right away, when it's due for a rebuild sent it to them for service, I think it's worth it. I doubt that I would be satisfied riding a stock shock after having ridden a custom-tuned one.

Fat Tire Fatty
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll give them a shot.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I haven't had a rear shock PUSHed but had my Fox Vanilla Fork done.

Wonderful difference, worked way better than new when done, and needless to say that since it was a 3 yr old fork it was such a nice change whence I got it back.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Push Industries

Worth every penny. Pay the extra money for the factory tune. I weigh 230 and told them I want no pedal bob and a stiff ride. Shock has been back for over 6 months and I have not touched it or had to add any air.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I thought I'd dig up this thread and poke it with a stick.

Any Clydesdales here have things to say about their PUSH'd shocks?

Did your suspension go from to ?

Is this custom valving for heavy riders thing all it's cracked up to be?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beanfink
    I thought I'd dig up this thread and poke it with a stick.

Any Clydesdales here have things to say about their PUSH'd shocks?

Did your suspension go from to ?

Is this custom valving for heavy riders thing all it's cracked up to be?
    It is hard for me to say on my Terremoto, since the shock went straight to PUSH. I am running a DHX coil.

The biggest difference is that PP is more or less dialed in. The PP adjustment then becomes a compression adjustment that ranges from open to closed. The rebound is definitely speed-sensitive.

I love it on my DHX, I would imagine there is no way I would be happy with an air cannister unless they whipped up some voodoo - I have tried air cans (factory) before and never been pleased.

mtbr member
    I had mine done a few years ago for my banshee scream. puppy pedals like a cross country bike with the 8" travel setting. have not had any problems at all guys.
    wonderful product that actually holds my big ass 360 lbs!!

Onetrackmind
    Sep 2004
    I've been riding my 2004 Talas fork and Float RL shock that was Pushed in Aug. 2008. I did the RLC upgrade to the fork and Push removed the lockout on the rear. I am very happy with their work. I specified my weight 230lbs and aggressive trail riding style and feel that they nailed the setup. I like how when pedaling up slight inclines with a little speed, I don't get bucked out of my seat by small bumps. I actually think the dialed in suspension has exposed how much flex there is in my Mavic 223's.

mtbr member
    I am similar build to the OP. I originally had a 5th Element (What a crappy shock!) then went to a stock RP3, then had it PUSH'd. No comparsion. I'll never ride a Fox suspended bike again without having it PUSH'd. The other thing I'd recommend for clydes is if you are running an RP3/23, when you have it PUSH'd, get the larger air canister for your shock. It make the travel not ramp up so much with a lot of air pressure required for us, ahem, robust riders.

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Fubar Rider
    I am similar build to the OP. I originally had a 5th Element (What a crappy shock!) then went to a stock RP3, then had it PUSH'd. No comparsion. I'll never ride a Fox suspended bike again without having it PUSH'd. The other thing I'd recommend for clydes is if you are running an RP3/23, when you have it PUSH'd, get the larger air canister for your shock. It make the travel not ramp up so much with a lot of air pressure required for us, ahem, robust riders.
    I talked to push yesterday about the air can on my shock and they gave me different advice. I currently have the large air can on my rp23. Push told me I would be happier with the small air can. If I remember correctly they said I would use lower air pressures and the shock would feel more progressive.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

mtbr member
    I can run a bit lower pressure on mine and the travel is more "plush" if you will. I suppose it depends on what you're running the shock on.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan
    I talked to push yesterday about the air can on my shock and they gave me different advice. I currently have the large air can on my rp23. Push told me I would be happier with the small air can. If I remember correctly they said I would use lower air pressures and the shock would feel more progressive.

Most larger rider's I know run the smaller air can - less pressure needed. HV can usually just causes bottoming and needs excessive pressure. I have to install LV can's on all of my air shocked bikes @ 210lb.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    It sounds like the high volume air sleeve isn't necessarily better for big riders -- but is it better for very progressive suspensions?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    forgive my noobness, but what is "pushed" ?

i take it this is only for air shocks ?

Are you gonna eat that?
    http://www.pushindustries.com/

Suspension tuning shop.

You send in your forks & shocks (air & coil), tell them how heavy you are and how you ride and they'll rebuild them and tune them for better response.

I'm certainly planning on it when I get down to a maintenance weight, no point in having it rebuilt now.
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled

Your bike is incorrigible
    OK, I've been seriously considering sending my shock in to PUSH, but I wonder if it's worth it. See, I bought a Heckler frame with the Float R, so no knobs and buttons. I figure they can give it a platform and make it more progressive, but is it worth putting another $150 into so low grade a shock?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Same here. Being a 215 pound clyde, my shock stock on my Turner felt like it had no platform. Now it actually has one and feels plusher at the same time.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    On Sherwood Gibson's advice, I'm getting the RP23 for my new El Capitan PUSHed before I even install it on the frame.

I got one of the new thru-axle Rebas for my new ride, and I'm wondering if I should get it PUSHed as well.

Any Clyde owner reports on PUSHed forks? Can you feel the difference?

mtbr member
    Bean,

I am running the PUSH'ed shock on the rear with a factory Revelation (basically a longer travel Reba) and they seem to match up well. I'd say just run the Reba until it needs a rebuild then have it PUSH'ed.