mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Place that sells arm warmers that actually fit clydes?

Anywhere? I get the largest size and it feels like my arms are going to turn purple and fall off. I end up with a line on my arms from the elastic that practically bruises.

Halp!

EDIT - perfect example:

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/aetestarmwa.html

the place supposedly caters to "big and tall" riders.
    The size chart reads:

XXL = 15" biceps

seriously? WTF? I know cyclists are typically small, but bloody hell!
    just ride.

turtles make me hot
    That would have been the place I suggested.

Maybe try getting some leg warmers and having them shortened?

I've never used arm warmers. I just layer tops.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I just use a long sleeve shirt. A your pants two piece?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I just use a long sleeve shirt. A your pants two piece?
    I commute to work.

At 4:30 am on my way to work, it's about 30-40 degrees colder than it is at 4:30 PM.

Hence the arm warmers.
    just ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Sounds like the best advice is from NYrr496, use leg warmers as your arm warmers.
    TREK 2012 Marlin
    TREK 2013 Superfly Comp - Carbon

mtbr member
    I use the Nashbar arm warmers and have 18"+ biceps and they fit well.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I use the Nashbar arm warmers and have 18"+ biceps and they fit well.
    my man....exactly my arm size, exactly who I was hoping to hear from. Thanks.

i checked nashbar, and i don't see a nashbar brand arm warmer. I do see Nashbar knee warmers, perhaps they're just out of stock now
    just ride.

mtbr member
    Maybe...I got mine last year back in November I think...so little over a year ago. My arms may have actually been a little bigger then too...I was lifting around that time so probably more like around 19". Depending on whether I'm lifting or not they can fluctuate between 18" and 20" if I'm in hardcore mode...which isn't often these days. Old body can't handle the stress anymore. So generally 18"-19".

As far as knee warmers...I live the Peal Izumi warmers. They fit well and get the job done. I don't wear them often though. If it's cold enough for knee warmers I'll usually just wear long bibs. Arm warmers are definitely nice though for starting out chilled but pulling them down on the wrists or taking them off and stowing in a pocket when it warms up.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrobo View Post
    Anywhere? I get the largest size and it feels like my arms are going to turn purple and fall off. I end up with a line on my arms from the elastic that practically bruises.

Halp!

EDIT - perfect example:

https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/aetestarmwa.html

the place supposedly caters to "big and tall" riders.
    The size chart reads:

XXL = 15" biceps

seriously? WTF? I know cyclists are typically small, but bloody hell!
    haha...there's two clothing sizing schemes...cyclist and real world. And they don't overlap at all. If you're a hardcore cyclist with 15" biceps...you are a beast!...haha

Oh...I guess you can throw Asian fit in there but that kinda coincides with cyclist. I ordered a shirt direct from china once...just a t-shirt...ordered an XXL. No way that thing was even a medium. Looked at the description and saw that I missed that it was Asian fit. It was the largest size they had...under Asian/cyclist fit guidelines I'd need a 5XL I think...lol...stupid little people.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrobo View Post
    I commute to work.

At 4:30 am on my way to work, it's about 30-40 degrees colder than it is at 4:30 PM.

Hence the arm warmers.
    I too commute to work. Devil's advocate here. Don't own any arm warmers. I dress accordingly to temp. Say, short sleeve wool base layer, long sleeve jersey maybe a wind breaker. Take off layers as temps go up. Is this more of a raodie thing? Never saw the need or advantage. What am I missing?

mtbr member
    Because it's much easier to pull off a set of arm warmers and stick them in a pocket than it is a jacket. Or just being stuck hot because you wore long sleeves and didn't realize it was going to get warm or you're just really hot from heavy excursion. Or vise versa. Ride starts off warm enough for short sleeves but a few hours in maybe it's evening and the sun drops and it gets chilly. Easy to pull out the arm warmers from a jersey pocket and slip them on for the ride home.

I've been on plenty of rides were both happened. Weather says high of 45 so I wear long sleeves. Temps hit 55 by mid ride and I'm sweating buckets now. Or rides that took longer than expected and it's 10+ degrees cooler than when I started...arm warmers would have be perfect to take that cold edge off. IMO just something nice to have in a pocket or pack this time of year just in case. Fairly cheap, weight almost nothing, and take up almost no room.

I will add I don't commute to work. So my use is on actual rides that are usually several hours or more in length. So my needs and uses maybe different than someone commuting to work unless it's a fairly lengthy commute.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    I too commute to work. Devil's advocate here. Don't own any arm warmers. I dress accordingly to temp. Say, short sleeve wool base layer, long sleeve jersey maybe a wind breaker. Take off layers as temps go up. Is this more of a raodie thing? Never saw the need or advantage. What am I missing?
    I wear the arm warmers to work.
    i don't wear them home.

definitely not more of a roadie thing since I ride MTB and cross/gravel more than road.

just less crap to carry home is all. on long rides or MTB races, I start off FREEZING at the start line, waiting for them to blow the damned whistle, then as I warm up, I slide them down my arms
    just ride.