mtbr member
    Jul 2007

One last try for a new fork

I posted this in another forum but it seemed to get little response. My buddy said to "Go Clydesdale".

I need a little bit of help.

I bought a Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc. Nice bike but it came with some cheaper components, or rather some components that weren't made for a guy bigger than 180lbs.

The fork is shot.... I am a 275lbs guy (yeah yeah, keep the wise cracks out) and I need a heavy duty fork to replace the old one. I am not the best when it comes to shopping for replacement parts because there is just so much out there. I need something heavy duty obviously.

Does anyone have any suggestions (preferably parts)? I am looking to stay under $200.

I am a casual rider that loves the more extreme "can I live through this?" type of stuff but I seem to be stuck more into following the other guys through the easier stuff.

Thanks ahead of time!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'd look at a lower-end DJ or all mountain fork with coil springs. Something like a Marzocchi AM3 or DJ4 in 120mm flavour (the Hardrock should handle 120mm OK, more may be an issue).

smw
    pedal pusher
    For that amount of money its gonna be tough. Check here
    http://pricepoint.com/detail/16328-315_MARMP7-3-Parts-59-Forks/Accessories/Marzocchi-MX-Pro-ETA-Suspension-Fork-'07.htm

this should do ya just fine. Just cut and paste the link.
    Gears and suspension are for girls and old men. Feel free to quote me in your signature. - Fast Eddy