mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Noleen still a good Air fork for clydes?

I sold (or am trying to sell) my Rocky Mountain element since it is a little big for me (I am relatively short) and I am likely building another bike and have a K2 Noleen Mega-Air from a couple of years back that is in great shape, I had one on a hardtail that I loved because it was relatively light and tunable. However I am wondering if it's worth keeping... I plan on building another horst link full suspension with it so it's 100mm which is the correct travel for most of those style frame and would hate to get rid of it unless there is something equally light out there and as stiff, suggestions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NHClyde
    I sold (or am trying to sell) my Rocky Mountain element since it is a little big for me (I am relatively short) and I am likely building another bike and have a K2 Noleen Mega-Air from a couple of years back that is in great shape, I had one on a hardtail that I loved because it was relatively light and tunable. However I am wondering if it's worth keeping... I plan on building another horst link full suspension with it so it's 100mm which is the correct travel for most of those style frame and would hate to get rid of it unless there is something equally light out there and as stiff, suggestions?
    it's gonna be pretty much impossible to find one as light as that noleen. I tried the mega-air for a while, but couldn't get over how harsh it was compared to my old beloved marzocchi z2 coil forks, so I went with plush over stiff, even if the 'zokes are more 'noodly' for a clyde. Not to mention the higher maintenance too, but for a race type of fork it's awesome.

for newer forks, I'd look at reba's, fox or WB.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    it's gonna be pretty much impossible to find one as light as that noleen. I tried the mega-air for a while, but couldn't get over how harsh it was compared to my old beloved marzocchi z2 coil forks, so I went with plush over stiff, even if the 'zokes are more 'noodly' for a clyde. Not to mention the higher maintenance too, but for a race type of fork it's awesome.

for newer forks, I'd look at reba's, fox or WB.
    Yeah thats the thing my element has a Marzocchi Z3 coil fork and thats what I always hated about it is it seemed too plush for me, I like suspension that seems to only travel "as-needed" which is how the noleen was, the marz always seemed to 1 bottom out and 2 compress when I posted which is annoying to me but to each their own! Thanks I think I will definetly keep it because fox @ $600 is not sounding good and the reba's aren't very light either.... I just wish my noleen had lockout!

mtbr member
    I used to own a Noleen Mega-Air...liked it but liked the Marzocchi Z3 Flylight 100 more...air/oil, w/low air pressure helps durability, *****in' old school Zoke crown, 100mm, 1740g...I know that is heavier but I like the feel better...back in the day, I always wanted them to put the mega-air system in a Crosslink...