Explosive

No Specialized dealer in my area.

I really like the Specialized Rockhopper comp disc, but there is no dealer in my area, the closest one is 150 miles away. I am 6'5" and 260lbs. So i am sure I will get the biggest one I can, but that leads to the next problem. Where do I test ride one? I dont see how I can. I test rode a 21" Cannondale F300 and I love the size of that bike, but I am sure the specialized would be a bit larger.

I live in West Texas and there is not much out here in mountains so not many mountain bikes. I am getting very frustrated as I there is nothing locally avalible to me. The local dealerships stop carrying bikes at the f300 for cannondale and 4900 for trek.

What have some of you done when you cant test ride or even see a simular bike to the one you THINK you want?

Fat guy on a bike
    You could always ask in the regional forums if someone has a similar bike to the one you want they will let you ride.

Else try to find the one with the closest specs.

The 21" Speccy should be very similar to the geometry of the cannondale, you can check the exact measurements of the geometry on the manufacturers websites. Hardtails around the same price points usually don't ride a whole lot different.

I own the bike, and i say you won't be very dissapointed in it.