Thread: Niner EMD..

mtbr member

Niner EMD..

Any big (not as in tall) clydes here riding a Niner EMD? Been going over frame choices since I'm tried of waiting on a warranty on another frame. Been wanting a Niner for a long time and thinking I'd like to get away from steel. I don't jump or do crazy things when I ride. Pretty normal tame stuff. I'm open to other suggestions, but I do think my limit is $500/$600 for a frame.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Check out the Banshee Paradox. Think its $600. Good luck.

I was wondering about the strength of a Niner Air9 or any Scandium frame for that matter for my 255. Its the same price as a MCR so I was curious.
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

no, I'm not riding SS
    I had an EMD for about 3 yrs, and just switched to an MCR--both frames are great. I switched frames because I am doing endurance events (50-100miles) and the aluminum frame was beating me up a bit over that distance. THe MCR is MUCH softer and significantly more comfortable to ride--that being said, it is nice to have a stiff and equally responsive ride beneath you when not riding for the long haul--which is why I have an aluminum single speed (GF Rig) as well. I'm 6'5" and 225.

mtbr member
    I did look at the Paradox. But mid week my frame replacement arrived. So this has been put on hold. Prob start looking at frames towards the end of summer and building up a whole new bike.

mtbr member

Recently got an EMD

6', 260lbs. I've been riding mine a little over a month. The trails here have been too wet to get much of a feel for it offroad, but I've done quite a lot of urban riding on it, including jumping off every curb I pass. I can't speak for longevity, but so far I'm pretty pleased with the fit and feel of it. It doesn't seem to be any rougher of a ride than my steel Surly KM, and I've been running high pressures in the tires because of all the road riding.

Ask me at the end of the season and I'll be able to give a good accounting of it long-term. I have a tendency to break almost anything due to abuse or bad decisions on my part. I broke a CK headset last Sat. on my rigid Surly (bad decision related.)
    "Serpentine Shelly. Serpentine!"