Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009

Newest build - thoughts, opinions and questions

My latest build. Built this for Aggressive XC and Light AM use. Current build weighs in just under 24.5lbs and was done for less than $1000.00. Post your thoughts, opinions and any questions.

KHS alite team frame
    Manitou R7 platinum
    Forte terra max wheelset w/ AC QR skewers
    Michelin XC AT 2.0 F+R w/ standard presta tubes
    FSA orbit xl2 headset w/ exotic 5mm spacer
    eaton ea70 bar and stem w/ LS Moab DD grips
    Easton ea50 seatpost(awaiting arrival of a syncro FL seatpost - needed a zero offset)
    Bontrager race lite saddle
    Avid juicy 5 discs F+R
    Sram x7 shifters and derailleurs
    Sram pg970 11-34 cassette
    XTR chain
    WTB mp250 pedals
    Truvativ FireX triple crank w/ giga pipe sl team BB

Not sure if any of you guys have tried these Michelin tires(XC AT 2.0) before but I have to say I am very impressed w/ them. The amount of traction for a 2.0 is phenominal and it is a true 2.0. At 610gr and 615gr actual for weight they are not to heavy either. The only weaknesses I have found so far is they slip on wet rotten tree bark(but I havent found one yet that doesnt) and at 40 psi in wet loose baseball sized rocks they tend to deflect quite a bit. However at 35 psi the ride is much better in the rocks. Im going to try and get them to run tubeless next. Might be a bit of a chore but the sidewalls on these are quite durable. I am only concerned about the bead staying locked as it isnt as pronounced as other tires I've ridden and my 245lbs ass wil probably blow a bead seal more often than I'd like to.
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders

Fat guy on a bike
    Ride it 'till it breaks.

Thats my advice

Northeastern Rider
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordy
    Ride it 'till it breaks.

Thats my advice
    LOL.....what part do you think will break first?
    "The original concept of freeriding was that there was no set course, goals or rules to abide by. "
    Mountain Riders