Klydesdale
    Feb 2005

The newest addition to the Klydesdale stable.

mtbr member
    I saw a pic of your bike in another post. Sweet looking ride. How tall and heavy are you? I've got Ventana on my short list for a new frame. I'm liking the new 2012 frames with the curved TT as well. Is yours a 22 or 23"?

I've never been able to ride a Ventana bike. How stiff is the rear triangle? Do you get a lot of peddal bob?

Can you compare the Bomber fork to another?

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunyan View Post
    I saw a pic of your bike in another post. Sweet looking ride. How tall and heavy are you? I've got Ventana on my short list for a new frame. I'm liking the new 2012 frames with the curved TT as well. Is yours a 22 or 23"?
    I'm 6' 5" and ~ 250. Mine's actually a 25" because I carry most of my height in my torso so I needed the longer taller front end. I had a pretty good idea about what I needed because I already had a couple of custom bikes including this one:

I've never been able to ride a Ventana bike. How stiff is the rear triangle? Do you get a lot of peddal bob?
    I'd say the rear triangle is pretty darn stiff laterally. But there is some pedal bob inherent in that version of the Ventana rear suspension design so I basically run it with Propedal engaged all the time. The 2012 design has a new pivot point that's supposed to help a lot in this regard.

Can you compare the Bomber fork to another?
    Compared to my Reba and WB Magic forks, it is certainly smoother and plusher. But some of that is because those other forks are 100mm and I'm running the 44 Micro Ti at 120 mm with a higher percentage of sag. I really like how the Marzocchi tracks the ground into holes and one the down sides of bumps that way.