Thread: New scooters!!

mtbr member
    May 2013

New scooters!!

I've been wanting to try a more road oriented bike as it's quite a bit easier for me to get out for quick road rides during the week rather than hauling to my ride area. Last weekend I picked up a Giant Rapid. It's fast!!! Well at least it is compared to my old hardtail Dale. Very comfy also, I can't belive how compliant it feels. I figured it would beat me to death on anything but smooth roads but it doesn't at all. Anyway here she is.

Today I saw a reasonable price on a Specialized Tricross on craigslist and brought it home. Only have a quick 5 mile ride on it but it's pretty fun also. The ride is so smooth, this one has a carbon fork and seat post...not sure if thats whats doing it or what but man it's nice to ride. Did a short section of single track (pretty much dirt path) and it felt great. I was going to sell whichever one I liked least but not sure I can do it. Here's the Tricross

My reason for posting is simply because my wife just rolls her eyes when I talk bikes and none of my friends ride.....so you guys are stuck with me.

So I

mtbr member
    I'd love to get a CX bike. I debated hard when I bought my road bike last year. I guess there's still room enough in the spare room for one more bike. Right now for some reason I'm really diggin' the Specialized Freeroad. If I get a CX bike, it'll be outlaw for sure. I need to dust off my road ride. I haven't touched it yet this year. I do notice that riding it helps with mt biking quite a bit, but for some reason not the other way around.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

New scooters!!

Both bikes are awesome. I actually love my flat bar cross bike for adventure riding/exploring.

Cross bikes are such a blast.

Biol

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thanks...I dig them. Had a great ride on the Tricross today. Did about 13 miles of asphalt, 9 or gravel/dirt roads, and five of single track. The only issue was I sure could have used a granny gear on the crank. I got my ass kicked on two climbs that I can make on my Dale. Thats just me being a fatty though, I'll make it in a week or two on this bike.

I also came across a deal on a Yuba Mundo. Need to change out the seat and bars but have already had a blast hauling my youngest son on back. He and I took it to the store today....crazy what you can fit/haul on the thing. The wife is getting a little annoyed so the next one better be for her. Here's the Mundo