Thread: New Ride

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New Ride

Putting together a new ride. Santa Cruz Butcher with a Fox 34 160 ctd. Sram drive train. My 2011 codes & my dt swiss 440hubs laced to i cant remember rims. Hopefully should have it right after christmas. Im coming from a heavy bike. Transition Dirt Bag which weights 40.25lbs. Im tired of hauling all of that weight along with mine. I'm 6ft and 255lbs and working my way down. I'll post some pics once i get it from the shop. I'll give my settings once i get a little settled in on it.

El CicloPath!!!!!!!
    Nov 2012
    Cant wait to see the pics!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I think the three items i need to build this baby were sent via the slowest method possible to the LBS. Waiting for my cranks, headset and caps for my dt swiss hubs...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Santa Cruz Butcher 650B

Finally the bike is home. Its gonna be quite chilly today. I may try and get out. If not today maybe this weekend.
    The first two pictures were taken with the red lockons for the grips. When I i got home I put black ones on. Santa Cruz Butcher, fox 160, race face atlas cranks and stem. I9 enduro hubs, kenda tires, sram xo 9spd cassette, stans 650b rims. xo shifters, code brakes. Thompson seatpost, FUNN seat old crankbrothers mallet pedals. chris king headset. Not sure which tubes are inside. Bike weights 31.25 lbs... My old bike was a transition dirtbag and weighted in around 41lbs... This bike feels so much lighter. I hope it rides as great as my dirtbag.
    Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Ride-bike-1.jpg  

New Ride-bike-2.jpg  

New Ride-bike-3.jpg  

New Ride-bike-4.jpg  

New Ride-bike-5.jpg  

Last edited by mudfoot124; 01-27-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: updated photos

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sweet Butcher! I'm on a 650b Heckler and am loving the hell out of it!
    Klein Attitude XX
    Santa Cruz Heckler 6.1
    Surly Karate Monkey
    Surly Moonlander

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SasquatchSC View Post
    Sweet Butcher! I'm on a 650b Heckler and am loving the hell out of it!
    Thanks... Good to hear about your Heckler. I'm looking to take my first ride real soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Finally got to ride the bike yesterday. I'm very happy so far. Still getting used to it. It's still gonna take some time to be rally comfortable on it. Its kinda feels like Transition Dirtbag, but on a diet. I'm running about 260lbs of air in the rear with pro-pedal 2. Around 90-100lbs up front on trail mode with the rebound somewhere in the middle.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Got a few more rides in. Still a little tweaking going on. I'm gonna go tubeless this week. New lower rise handlebars going on this week as well and a dual ring chain guide. The current handlebars have a 2 inch rise which seems to be a bit much on some of the steeper climbs. Overall I'm really pleased with the bike. Now I just need to loose more weight.

mtbr member
    Great looking bike. I had a tough time deciding between the Butcher and Heckler. The Heckler was the more wallet friendly choice at the time and I've had no regrets. Both are great. It's too bad they gave up on the APP designs. Enjoy
    He who dares....wins!