mtbr member
    Jun 2007

New to Mountain bikes

Hello everyone,

Im new to mountain bikes and started hitting the trails here in central Florida a few months ago.Needless to say Im hooked on it. I try to ride my local trail 3 times a week with my buddy from work. I purchased a Cannondale F5 which is working sort of kind of ok for me but it was all i could afford at the time. I already rebuilt my rock shox dart 2 once ( stiffer springs and heavier fork fluid) but im still bottoming out. I'm 5'4" and weight 236 lbs.
    neways any tips and advice is always welcome. I ride in sandy and rooty conditions most of the time. Im really taking a beating out there but enjoying myself.

Many Thanks

Danny

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Welcome

It's great to see another person discover the joys of Mountian Biking. The best advice I can give you is ride as much as possible, learn how to work on your bike, at least making adjustments and simple repairs. Don't worry about to many upgrades at first. Just ride. Once you gain some experience and same your money, then upgrade your components or upgrade your bike. Most of all just have fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks jtrider. so far Im having a blast. gone over the bars a few times and fallen flat on my back twice but still look foward to my next ride.