mtbr member
    Mar 2009

New to the Forum

Hey Guys, I am fairly new to the forum and after perusing the different categories I guess I fit the Clydesdale forum since I am 6'3" and #260. So I have spent the last year experimenting with a little bit of downhill mountain biking with an '07 Ironhorse Yakuza Sohon Bucho freeride bike which I really like, but it is lacking in the climbing department. I decided I needed something that I could actually pedal up the hills and do some XC riding. After doing a lot of research and trying out five or six different brands/models I pulled the trigger on an '08 Giant Trance X2 as I found it to be the most comfortable to ride and it was discounted pretty well. Anyway I am excited to get doing some riding, I hope to contribute some mileage to the group goal!

mtbr member
    Welcome Nice bike.
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc 2009
    Giant CRS 3.0 2009

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    ...my shop has one of those as a loaner... looks like a sweet ride... never had a reason to take it out though (also a tad nervous about folding it in 1/2 and having to pay for it haha)

I never considered a FR bike or anything like that... even the hilly part of FL that I live in is pretty flat compared to most other areas... the XC FS is something i'd like to try still though
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    My reason for going with the freeride and dual suspension bikes is that I am also a dirtbiker, and I got spoiled by that nice suspension. I don't like hitting anything without it, at one point I hopped on a bike without any suspension and it felt like I was getting beaten to death on a gravel road!