mtbr member
    May 2011

new to clysdale, mtx 33 Sun rim ?

Hi you all, I am relatively new here. I did not know this forum was here, So this is where all the folk's hang out that can be classified as a farm animal.

Any how I am 6 foot 4 and about 310 or so and have lost 15 pounds with my new bike so I am happy and also I just bought a set of 29er Sun MTX 33 rims front and rear but I think the people who sold them to me may be selling me cheesie axels because my bike is set up for 10mm and so they sold me 10mm chromoly axels, are the axels to light?. It is a Trek 4300 frame and the wheels are MTX 33 with stainless butted spokes and Shimano hubs that are 75 $ each that are discounted, am I asking for trouble with these hubs? Thankyou.

mtbr member
    Well...at least the rims are top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

turtles make me hot
    Which hubs are they? I recently made up some 36 spoke Salsa Gordos with XT hubs and ruined the rear hub in one ride.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496
    Which hubs are they? I recently made up some 36 spoke Salsa Gordos with XT hubs and ruined the rear hub in one ride.
    You hit it right on the head XT 36 holer's, he claimed when he sold them to me he had never seen a Shimano hub failure! Are the spokes ok, This whole set up came from Ben's cycle out of Milwuakee..What are good alternatives. I an not that rough just high speed urban trashing but I have real strong legs. I also ordered BB7's brakes 203 mm front and rear from them. great prices!

I love turtels also, my favorite turtle by far is Gamera.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 05-25-2011 at 09:36 PM.

mtbr member
    I have my MTX33's laced up to Hope Pro 2 hubs and they have been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    I have been using a Shimano M756 XT 36h hub for the last year with no issues on my 29er. I started out barely being able to ride a mile at 363lbs and am now 275lbs rippin up hills and riding miles on end and have had no issues. Do you know what exact hub you got? Sounds like this is on a 26" wheel due to the bike Trek 4300. I think others here are worried about freehub issues, and it sounds like you are worried about axle integrity.

turtles make me hot
    First of all, if you're riding the bike mostly on asphalt, you PROBABLY won't hurt the hub. I ruined mine in snow in some pretty techy, sandy woods.

Second... And this is kind of funny... I left myself logged on at work one day and my buddy gave me that I Like Turtles signature and pic. It's from a Youtube video that I thought was funny. While I do like turtles, I'm not crazy about them. Here's the link for your amusement. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I thought you might be a Gamera fan that's all, I want to see Gamera and Godzilla get it on and I'LL put my money on Gamera,he's got 4 ports that shoot fire out to go with his death ray and he brake dances while he flies as well, Godzilla just has a boring death ray.

I have real strong legs and always use 24th gear which is top gear on alot of hills as well, I will call them to see if I can upgrade thanks alot! I am converting my 4300 to 29ers
    Last edited by Realslowww; 05-26-2011 at 02:46 PM.

turtles make me hot
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    You out did yourself there,I laughed pretty good,best laugh in a while.Right after that clip there is one where Godzilla vs Gamera and they get it on, please post link as well really funny stuff.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 05-26-2011 at 05:06 PM.

turtles make me hot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyadVRlJPDo

Dude... You need to get out and ride your bike more.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    You posted the wrong one,there is another one that is only 60 to 90 seconds long that has a screaming girl at the beginning that is funnny as all hell I mean funny.

If you can take that other link down it is terrible!

I just got back from a great ride,I love my bicycle!
    Last edited by Realslowww; 05-27-2011 at 03:03 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Encore showed a real classic today, it was Mothra VS Godzilla and the plot was so thick and had so many twists and turns you could not keep up with it. The combination of gut wrenching dialogue and suspenceful stupdifying moment's all tied together with the most incredible action sequences ever shot of nothing but nonstop destruction and total mayhem.The Jap's really take it on the chin in this one!

I don't want to ruin it for you all but I will tell you this. Just when you thought it wasn't possible to get any better Battra makes a special guest appearance and pull's off one of the greatest acting jobs ever caught on film complete with strings attached and all. Battra treat's us to one of the greatest love stories of all time with many tearful moment's all caught on camera for our enjoyment with a brilliant directing job in this blockbuster monster epic. I am still trying to hold the tears back as I type this, anyhow I will give it 5 stars out of a possible 4 and a must see by all if you can appreciate a masterpiece of this calibur.

Somebody really should run a clip.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 05-30-2011 at 08:24 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thankyou for all the replies, the wheels are real nice and my project turned out just as hoped.

Thanks, GO GAMERA!

turtles make me hot
    I like turtles.

Glad to hear your bike worked out.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Boy that is a great film. That knife head dude gives me nightmares every time I watch him . I would not like to run into him in a bar brawl.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 09-17-2011 at 06:18 AM.

turtles make me hot
    Did you seriously pull this thread back up? Get some lights and take up night riding.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    May 2011
    what are the best lights for night riding?