mtbr member
    Aug 2009

New CLYDE...Do I qualify?

Hey guys. Checking in at 6'4"...230lbs. Just wanting to know if I'm going to fit in...
    Be merciful, for I am new to the sport, and I don't have all the mtbr do's and don't or lingo down just yet.
    I'm sporting a 2010 TREK 4300, and I'm beginning to love this trail riding stuff...and I'm sure, with being a beginner, I'll be face-planting somewhere soon on a trail near you!

What could go wrong ...
    Welcome ... if you are ever down by Biloxi try riding the Bethel trails
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

mtbr member
    Welcome... if at first you don't face-plant, try try again! Hopefully you don't

slow uphill
    too short for my crowd, but you're clyde enough so you'll probably find the appropriate clique to ride with.

have fun on the new rig - all black? throw up some pics!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Naaa...it's like a metallic green, and I haven't seen or heard of the other colors except the black. I'll post some pics soon.
    And Zoke2...if I ever get Biloxi way, I'll look those Bethel trails up!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    BigCat, me you, same same.

You know your a Clyde, when climbing a hill a single speed rider goes by you like your going backwards. I learned that last week.

Slowly shrinking
    Apr 2009

hahha

Quote Originally Posted by AirDefense
    BigCat, me you, same same.

You know your a Clyde, when climbing a hill a single speed rider goes by you like your going backwards. I learned that last week.
    Yes its hills where it shows..........
    I did a 50 miler the other week which was a mix of 50% very rough singletrack and 40% fireroads some tarmac road. The first 30 minutes was a tarmac climb! i passed a few people and stuck to 80% of my max heart rate..about 2/3rds of the way up, a bloke passed me at probably double my speed ....brings it home...I still have 30lbs to lose ............

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    i hear you brother.

a bad ass chick passed me the week before the single speeder. at least the view from behind her wasn't one i was upset about. caught her as soon as we leveled. she couldn't bunny hop a log and endo'd hardcore. i came by and after checking if she was okay scolded her for dropping me like a little boy and then dumping a simple log. i felt much better, evil, but better.