Thread: New Clyde bike?

Newb
    Jun 2011

New Clyde bike?

New clyde checking in, 6'5 or 6'6 330. Just bit out of shape weight goal is 260 and I want to get back into riding bikes. All I did when I was younger. Is the kona hoss still around if I went to a lbs? I don't see it on their website. Looking for a bike similar to the hoss any ideas brohans?

Been 11 years since my last ride on a huffy. Can't wait for the fun to begin. Going to the lbs later today just to check it out. Have to wait for some cash before I can buy.

SPY

Underskilled
    How much cash are you going to be waiting for and what type of riding will you be doing.

I love my clyde bike of a Niner WFO/dorado, but quite spendy.

Kona Hoss is no more =-(
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

Newb
    Jun 2011
    800-900 is my max. Might be able to swing more but wanted to keep it under 1000. that sucks that the hoss is not made anymore. I just want a good strong bike that won't snap because of my weight. Fire roads and some rocky trails that aren't the most technical is probably what I'll stick with until I lose weight and gain a little skill.

mtbr member
    Really just about any new bike on the market that is a metal frame...steel or aluminum...will work under your weight. It will be the components that will most likely fail if anything. I have ridden my current bike as heavy as 320 and with no problems other than wheels going out of true. At your height I would take a serious look at a 29er...it is will fit you much better. I am 6'2" and always felt like a circus bear on a tiny bike when riding my 26" mtb. When I got my 29er it just felt right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.