Thread: New bike!

mtbr member
    May 2007

New bike!

I am new to this scene and I just bought a Kona Kikapu..... I am 6'1 235lbs... Has any other clyde used this bike before? Anything I should be worried about? My LBS told me that this bike should be perfect for what and how I ride. He did size me to that bike and I did feel really good sitting on and riding this bike! I am excited to hit the trails this weekend though!!!!!!!!

Fat guy on a bike
    Unless your hitting some jumps or crazy bombing it downhill, you should be a-ok.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    At my lightest I was 235lbs and have put 9000 miles and almost 10 years on a Trek 7000, which is along the same lines of the Kikapu (just a lot older technology). My theory is that if its holding up to me now at 290lbs and did back then when I did a lot more on it than I should've on a hard tail with completely stock parts, that anyone should be ok on a bike in that price range with that component level that rides within reason (no 10ft drops, though I did a 6ft on the 7000 and just untrued a wheel, and as Mordy said, no super high speed downhill bombing).

Nice bike! I'm jealous, but will be picking up a Cinder Cone later this year... I just can't afford the Kikapu

Post photos if you can, or if you need help resizing or hosting them, send me a PM.

EDIT: I was completely wrong, was thinking the Kula when I said Kikapu... regardless, I'd put my money down that it'll be great for you.
    Last edited by skyphix; 06-30-2007 at 07:17 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks guys. I will try to get some pictures up this weekend, but I don't know if that is possible since the girlfriend will not be riding with us this weekend.

King of vegetarians
    Congrats and welcome!
    Black Sheep Dream Bike Design
    www.blacksheepbikes.com
    The future is not retro proof.