mtbr member
    May 2011

Need MTB to jump and comfortable with shock

I need a good bike for cruising and jumping that has a lock out on shock to where you can change lockout position on handle bars. I am 300 pounds and ride a XXL HT Rockhopper.

Any help would be great thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Any help?, I was looking at the Specialized Stump Jumper with Brain box?

Any replies welcome on a tough frame setup with shock.

mtbr member
    Not sure where you're at, but the Trek Superstore by me has a leftover '10 model Fuel X (something) for like 1/2 what they wanted new. It has remote lockout front and rear shock. This store typically has good deals on older years models larger frames (this was a 21"). If you have any stores like that around you, may be worth checking out.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I have a Trek dealer locally maybe I should check wiyh them? Thanks!

I just looked on the net and I have no idea what I am looking at,how much is the Trek you are talking about and how tough are the bikes? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 10-28-2012 at 07:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Realslowww, at your weight, a Stumpjumper isn't a good fit. I am over 300 and had a Stumpjumper and the suspension isn't designed with people our size in mind. Also, Specialized bikes are only warrantied for up to 250lbs. I tried everything I could do to get the bike to work, including sending my brain shock into Specialized for their S-tune program and they had to valve the shock so firm that I stopped riding the bike and sent the shock back in to have it de-tuned so I could sell it. If you want to get a good idea of what to look for in a full suspension bike at your weight, do a search on this site for "suspension settings for clydes 300+" There's several pages of good information that will help you make an informed purchase.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks