mtbr member

Need help finding XL Downhill Equipment

I am 6'9" and 300lbs and need some new equipment. I am looking for very large chest protectors, full face helmets, and shin guards. I have stuff now, but it has never really fit right.

29 some of the time...
    Motocross gear
    I don't think you are going to have much luck with bike stuff. The big guys that I know who do DH run motocross helmets, chest protectors, pants & gaurds. Let us know if you find different, but IME the mass produced bike gear is fairly limited once you crest over 6'6" and/or 250lb depending on your build.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    For chest protectors you are probably SOL, but for shins check out the Race Face DH sets, they are as big as I have found. For helmets to fit my big noggin, the Vigor XLs and XXLs are as big as I have found, aside from going full heavy moto. Vigors are carbon and affordable as well.

mtbr member
    Hey thanks guys. I ended up going to the MX shop and got some badass stuff. The helmet is pretty light, maybe not as vented as some MTB helmets, but still pretty good, and is a XXXL so fits perfect. The body armor is also XXXL and is the best fit I have ever had. The gloves are XXL and too fit perfectly and aren't too thick either.

HJC XXXL Helmet (Motocross, but still pretty light)

PureMX Gloves XXL

EVS Ballistic BJ22 Armor XXXL (best fit I have ever had)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would love to see the face on the 155lb guy in front of you that your bearing down on at warp speed. You into serious DH huh?