Thread: My new ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

My new ride

I jumped onto the FS band wagon today. Purchased a Trek Superfly 100, 2013 model that was left over. My other ride is a 2011 Trek Cobia that has served me well. Can't wait to hit the trail with the Superfly. Got to work this weekend but will hit my local work out trail Monday morning if the rain holds off. They close the trail when it rains.
    I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My new ride-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice ride man, you'll love it! I just jumped on the FS wagon myself.
    2014 TREK FUEL EX8 29er
    2015 TREK FARLEY 6

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Thanks. I've been on the trail twice with it so far and I'm loving the bike. It's saved me a couple of times that I know I would of bit the dirt with my hard tail ride. The handling is great, it climbs quick and really smooths out the trail. My speed appears to be picking up as I get better accustomed to it's abilities which are way better than mine. At 55 years young I should have went FS sooner. I guess an old dog can learn new tricks or at least think it can.

mtbr member
    I'm not ready for FS but it does look like a nice bike. I'm eyeing a Superfly hardtail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Getting a few miles on the SF and I'm really impressed with the bike. On the short work out trail I ride after work I've started to trim a little time from my best lap time on my hardtail 29er. The SF climbs like a goat to me, but I'm no great rider like some. It has saved my tail on a few occasions when the front wheel started to slide, it just dug in and made the turn. Been riding about 3 years now and enjoying every second of it. Sure wish I had started when I was younger. Now I'm an old man having a blast on the dirt.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Love my Superfly's....have a 2012 which I use for training days and general riding and a 2014 which I use more for the "special" days. Both full suspension, my HT days are probably over with.

mtbr member
    Even after riding FS a few times I still miss my rigid SS... thinking about building another over the winter....

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
    2014 TREK FUEL EX8 29er
    2015 TREK FARLEY 6