Thread: My New Ride

mtbr member

My New Ride

This my new Raleigh Mojave 8.0. I have had it for a few weeks. It is all Deore with a LX rear der. and Hayes MX-2 brakes. The seat post and stem are some cheap ones I picked up as I was experimenting with fit and will be replaced with better pieces soon. I have been very impressed with it so far. It is very stiff and seems to be built like a tank. It does seem to be on the heavy side but so am I so we should get along just fine. I did replace the spring in the fork with an extra firm one. With the stock spring the front end seemed to bob some. The stiffer spring took care of that. I plan on replacing the fork sometime in the future. I can't tell you how happy I am with the bike. I know Raleigh is looked down on sometimes but I wanted something a little different and good value. I think I got both. This model replaces the M80 and from what I could find the M80 got really good reviews. I will continue to give updates as I put more miles on the bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

large member
    I'm not a big Raleigh fan, but that really isn't a bad looking bike. Has a nice clean line to it. I dig the weirwolf's too

Happy riding!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    That's a nice looking ride. Raleigh's a brand that's been around forever. As long as you're happy that's all that counts. Now get out there and ride the hell out of that rig.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Good looking bike. I love the color. Don't sweat the small stuff, just ride and enjoy yourself.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    out of curiousity how much did you pay for it and from where?

mtbr member
    I bought it from my LBS who is a Raleigh dealer. The MSRP on it is $600. They were asking $569 but I also had a $20.00 coupon off their website so I ended up paying $549 plus tax. I don't know if that was a great deal but overall I was very happy with the price and even more happier now. I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the bike.

Glad to Be Alive
    sweet bike...congrats to you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I will say one thing about Raleigh's. I used to have one when I was young (Say 8-14 Years Old) No bike ever deserved the punishment that thing went through. Remember "Ghost Riding" bikes...AKA push the bike down a hill and watch it crash...It always took it, very tough; granted it was made of old battleship steel and wieghed 50#...lol. But I digress. That bikes very clean, enjoy.

mtbr member
    Congrats,

Enjoy the ride, its all that counts!
    Black on Black T2
    Max: 36.4 mph (Negro Mtn, Rt 68, Western MD)
    Patapsco Avg : 8.2 mph
    235 naked
    Clyde Pride

I endorse self propulsion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dockrey
    I bought it from my LBS who is a Raleigh dealer. The MSRP on it is $600. They were asking $569 but I also had a $20.00 coupon off their website so I ended up paying $549 plus tax. I don't know if that was a great deal but overall I was very happy with the price and even more happier now. I can't tell you how thrilled I am with the bike.
    i looked at one of those a few months ago. the shop i went to said it was one of the better spec'd bike you could get at that price range. i also really like the looks of it. i think you'll be very happy w/ your purchase.
    "Pops trippin', he want me to ask for my bike back. You know I wouldn't trip."

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I jus picked up the mojave 8.0 as well and rode it for the first time this weekend. Its a great, solid bike. A bit on the heavy side, but lighter than my old Univega!!! I am pumped to try it out on some other trails and see what she's made of. I have never ridden Raleigh before, but am happy with it so far.