I am the Lizard King!
    May 2005

My new, hopefully clydeworthy bike

Well here's my Brodie that I recently built up by myself. That was a experience in it's self. But I think it was well worth it. The front end wanders a bit more and wants to pull on me more than I'm used to, but I'm slowly getting used to it. Here's some pictures and the complete specs:

Frame-Brodie Brute (7000 Aluminum )
    Fork-2002 Maintou SX LT 130mm (soon to be replaced)
    Headset-WTB Momentum
    Crankarms-Shimano Deore LX
    B/B-Deore LX
    Pedals-Shimano 515
    Chain-Sram 970
    Cassette-Shimano Deore XT 11-32
    Handlebar-Stock Brodie
    Stem-Stock Brodie
    Grips-ODI Rogue Lock-On's
    Brakes-Shimano Deore XT (V-brakes) (Have discs, just need a fork to put'em on)
    Brake Levers-Avid SD 1.9
    Front Hub-Shimano Deore Disc
    Rear Hub-Shimano Deore Disc
    Front Tire-IRC Serac 2.1
    Rear Tire-IRC Serac 2.1
    Front Rim-Sun Rims Rhyno Lite 36 hole
    Rear Rim-Sun Rims Rhyno Lite 36 hole
    Saddle-Specialized Geometrey
    Seatpost-Stock Brodie
    Front Derailuer-Shimano Deore Lx
    Rear Derailuer-Shimano Deore Lx

I'm actually surprised at how light it is, for an Atikokan All-Mountain bike

\

What do you all think?

Cory

Freshly Fujified

Congrats!

Building a bike is a great experience. The bike looks well spec'd and clyde-worthy. What will the new fork be? How are the V brakes for stopping? I had problems with V's not being enough to stop, so I went with Avid mechanicals.

Enjoy your handywork.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

I am the Lizard King!
    May 2005
    The new fork will hopefully be a Marzocchi EXR Pro that I've found pretty cheap, I just hope the deal works out. These XT's are a lot better than an old pair of Avid's I used before. They squeal, loud and a lot, but I picked'em up cheap. For discs, I have a pair of Deore mecahncials, so we'll see how they work out. I'm actually really happy with the cost, $752.23 CDN, and with the new fork, will be $777.23, which is under what I thought I was going to be spending ($1000 CDN).

Cory

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherKid
    The new fork will hopefully be a Marzocchi EXR Pro that I've found pretty cheap, I just hope the deal works out. These XT's are a lot better than an old pair of Avid's I used before. They squeal, loud and a lot, but I picked'em up cheap. For discs, I have a pair of Deore mecahncials, so we'll see how they work out. I'm actually really happy with the cost, $752.23 CDN, and with the new fork, will be $777.23, which is under what I thought I was going to be spending ($1000 CDN).

Cory
    I've been running the Deore mechanical disc brakes on my Kona Hoss for a year now. They're surprisingly good. Easy to adjust and maintain, good stopping power, and reliable in all weather condtions. They're not as sexy as Avid mechs or hydros, but they seem to get the job done. I have no plans to upgrade any time soon.

I am the Lizard King!
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsiff
    I've been running the Deore mechanical disc brakes on my Kona Hoss for a year now. They're surprisingly good. Easy to adjust and maintain, good stopping power, and reliable in all weather condtions. They're not as sexy as Avid mechs or hydros, but they seem to get the job done. I have no plans to upgrade any time soon.
    Thanks for this comment, because after I bought them, I heard some not very good stuff about them and now you made me feel much better about the purchase

Cory