mtbr member
    Jan 2009

My first race as a clyde!

Well after about 15 years away from mountain biking and about 50lbs heavier, i am entering my first race in a very long time. started training about 5 months ago and think i am in good enough shape not to come in last lol. i was 307 5 months ago and now down to 263, hope to get to somewere around 200 eventually. the race is this sunday, doing a 14 mile mostly single track course, ill post up when its over to let you all know how it went.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Good luck and have fun...

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    good luck man... i'm getting psyched up for the local time trial our club is putting on here soon.

thats a lot of weight down... and i'm sure with work you'll meet your goals... have fun
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    So i went to do the race, they did not have a Clyde class so i signed up for the sport class 30-39 year old. the novice class was a 7 mile and the sport was 14, i fugured 7 was kinda short. as i lined up at the starting line i looked around me and all these guys look really fast lol. all super fit and not one over 180 lbs at most. the starting gun went off and we were on our way. the first turn was about a 1/4 mile down. at the turn i looked back and no one was behind me. im last , oh well it was really fun, i finished the 16th out of 16 in my field, it was super techincal single track lots of wet muddy rocky climbs and decents
    it rained all day the day before, the trail was a mess, but super fun. if i had did the novice class according to my first lap time i would have gotten second. but the challenge was fun and i figure i have nowere to go but up from here lol. The great news though was my wife came in first place in the 30-39 women, she is super fit and an animal, it was her first race she did really well and i am very proud of her. so now im back to training and we will see how i do next race.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    friend of mine who's dang fast did the same type of thing (bumped class due to miles)... he figured it wasn't worth paying all that money for such a short distance...

sounds like a fun ride... and congratz to the wife ...

i'd like to do a real race some time this year.... even if i come in last
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

@adelorenzo
    Good on ya!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Sounds like a good time, congrats!