mtbr member
    May 2011

moving your riding indoors....

My fellow Clydes (Super and Regular),

Any of you use a trainer when you can't ride due to inclimate weather? .. if so, what trainer do you use/have? ... and do you use your mtn bike on it as well?

Thanks in advance,

V

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I use my MTB on a 1UP trainer and it is a great combo. The 1UP is adjustable so you don't need a wheel block.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have a 1UP that I use and really like, also just recently bought some cheap rollers from nashbar that keep it a little more interesting (still sucks).

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Two thumbs up for the 1Up USA trainer. I ride mine all the time, and as long as I don't get too crazy, I can pedal pretty hard out of the saddle without feeling like I'm going to tip over.

One thing I'll mention is that you'll want a slick tire to go on the rear wheel with whatever solution you choose. Any knobs will make the trainer/tire contact very loud.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I recently found a great deal on a semi-recumbent exercise bike for $75. It has a computer that you use to customize the ride profile to make it as easy or difficult as you like, and the 'bent' riding position is more comfortable than riding a real bike on a trainer (have one, don't care for it as much). CL is full of them if you have the room for one and the inclination to use it for exercise and not to hang your clothes on ;~)

Swimming thru the Smog
    Apr 2011
    I use a blackburn trainer with my road bike.

I dont use my mtb on it, dont like wearing out tires/drivetrain on the mtb faster than i have too.

rock crusher
    Aug 2008
    Road bike on a Cycleops Fluid. It is a much better option than not riding.