mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Motobecane FLY Team 29 Titanium for a Clyde

At 6'2", 218 pounds would I have any problems on the Motobecane FLY Team 29 Titanium? I'm currently on a Tomac Snyper 140 - it climbs well with little pedal feedback, is super smooth on the descents, however with a mix of SLX, XT and all alloy components, it is quite portly at 14kg. In races, I hold my own with the weekend warriors, but feel that my bike's weight might be holding me back a bit.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Would love to hear feedback from other clydes and almost and semi clydes out there...I just ordered a XL Shimano Dynasis 30 speed and I am kind of or think classified as a Clyde (6'4" 220lbs). I did read that there were a couple of current owners that had the XL frame(but not sure if they were 200+) and they were very happy with the fit.

I honestly think that there is really nothing to worry about in terms of size and the craftsmanship(or quality). From what i read it is excellent. The only concern I really have are on the vuelta wheelset. Reviews are mixed so I just have to wait and see for myself. If they are no good, it is easy(not CHEAP) to replace them here.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I have a Moto 9357 FLY. The bike is holding up great or should I say the frame. I purchased the bike second hand off a dude who used to race XC with it. The frame shows no signs of wearing out and I'm really not easy on it either. I had to change a few things on the bike when I got it because it was a real feather weight setup he had on the bike. As things broke I have upgraded them along the way. I wouldn't be worried about quality if you sprung for the team 29 version. The higher end models are nothing to laugh about.
    BTW I'm 5'8 and 240lbs.
    Pedaling Gorilla