mtbr member

Mavic TN719 or WTB Laser TCS Trail?

Hello fellow Clydes!
    I'm new to the forum and would like your advice.
    I'm 220 with gear and need to buy wheels for my KM 29er rigid. What do you think of Mavic TN719 vs. WTB Laser TCS Trail?

I don't ride too aggressively, but sometimes feel inspired enough to do a short drop or beat my rear wheel on a log or curb.

I'm going to make a move on a wheelset soon and would like some advice. I would have gone with Arch or Flow from Stan's but Tubeless isn't a priority and I like eyelets on my rims.

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbassangler View Post
    Hello fellow Clydes!
    I'm new to the forum and would like your advice.
    I'm 220 with gear and need to buy wheels for my KM 29er rigid. What do you think of Mavic TN719 vs. WTB Laser TCS Trail?

I don't ride too aggressively, but sometimes feel inspired enough to do a short drop or beat my rear wheel on a log or curb.

I'm going to make a move on a wheelset soon and would like some advice. I would have gone with Arch or Flow from Stan's but Tubeless isn't a priority and I like eyelets on my rims.
    I'm about 200lbs and beat my TN719s hard with my hardtail 29er....they have been very bend resistant requiring only two minor re-tightenings of spoke tension...had to true once cause I let them get too loose and rode anyways. My WTB laserdisc 29ers have fared almost as well but are slightly heavier. The WTB GBS bead definitely locks into place way better though. I have rolled tires part way off the Mavics during aggressive rock riding and found leaves and dirt hanging out between the tire and rim after my ride.

What is WTB's GBS:
    WTB’s proprietary Global Bead Seat design utilizes deeper grooves for the bead seats as well as two raised lips that lock the tire’s beads into place on the rim. GBS–featured on LaserDisc, SpeedDisc and Dual Duty series rims–holds the tire firmly in place and greatly reduces the chance of “burping” the tire off the rim in heavy lateral loading.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...