Are you gonna eat that?

Manitou Minute 3:00 '05

So a couple of places have these on close out, will it stand up to a 250 lb clyde or should I just drop the $700 the LBS guy is trying to get me to fork out for a Pike and through axle wheel setup on the front? (the price is for the fork and a replacement wheel since I'm using a regular quick release wheel on the front right now, installation's free since I bought the bike there).

I've already blown the seals on my OEM Pilot a couple of times and I'm looking to replace it, I don't want to drop $700 on a fork, but I also don't want to drop $350 on something that's going to blow out in a couple of months either.

Edit: Oh, I'm pretty much entirely a cross country rider, I don't do any drops unless I didn't see them
    Last edited by Kyoseki; 06-10-2006 at 12:59 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    get a used Marzochi and replace springs with heavy ones......Don't buy Manitou....they fall apart real fast
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Are you gonna eat that?
    Ok, ixnay on the anitoumay

Performance bike *spit* are selling a bunch of 05 Marzocchi All Mountain forks for 50% off, would those be a viable option?

.. or am I just looking for the cheap way out and I should just bite the bullet and go with the Pike? (it's a 454 with all the bells and whistles, so the price is definitely right, but it's not cheap)

mtbr member
    I have an 05 Manitou Minute 3 on my Instigator. It's an air fork and I have to put about 180psi in it to get a decent clyde ride. It is way beefier than the flexy oem 02 Black comp that I had on it before. The ride is much nicer, too. I will admit that it only has a few hundred easy miles on it so far so I can't vouch for it's long term reliability yet. It has some nice features, I hope it holds up.

I had a Marzocchi MXC air fork on my last mtb and I never had a problem with it except for the little plastic ECC knob slipping on its post. I liked the fact that it was a low pressure fork, 40psi gave a good firm clyde ride on that one. Never leaked any air in two good seasons of x-country and city use.

If I had the dollars to pick any fork, I would have gotten another Marzocchi, but the Minute was super cheap so I gave it a shot.