mtbr member
    May 2008

Lynskey Pro29er w Lefty Carbon

I did a search and only see info on the old lefty stuff around 2008. Looking at a Lynskey Pro29er Lefty. I weigh 220 now thanks to biking. I am hard on stuff but this bike will be used for pure XC on my backyard buff trail. Anyone ride this bike? Is it flexy? Is it durable? Unfortunately at my size finding XL or XXL demos is really difficult unless I am looking for Trek, Spec, Giant etc and I hate riding something everyone else has

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I ride a large 2009.5 Lynskey Pro 29er with a conventional fork (Maverick SC32) and I weigh 200-210 depending on the time of year. I love the bike. The frame is stiff when I need it to be but forgiving at the right times.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I ride an XXXL pro-29 with 200mm cranks SS w/2.55 tires. It will fly up a hill!
    It's a custom with 2" downtube - so it is not flexy. I also have a geared FS Ventana, but like the SS Lynskey the best. I'm 6'8" and 275.

I used to switch the Lynskey from 1x9 to SS depending on the ride. Since getting the FS bike, the Lynskey stays SS. It is stiff but compliant at the same time. I LOVE IT !!!

For reference I used to have a Ventana SS with the same geometry as my Lynskey. It also had a 2" downtube. It was stiff and harsh. I ran a Thudbuster LT to soften it up. The Lynskey's doesn't need a one

Quote Originally Posted by tws_andrew
    I did a search and only see info on the old lefty stuff around 2008. Looking at a Lynskey Pro29er Lefty. I weigh 220 now thanks to biking. I am hard on stuff but this bike will be used for pure XC on my backyard buff trail. Anyone ride this bike? Is it flexy? Is it durable? Unfortunately at my size finding XL or XXL demos is really difficult unless I am looking for Trek, Spec, Giant etc and I hate riding something everyone else has

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeve
    I ride an XXXL pro-29 with 200mm cranks SS w/2.55 tires. It will fly up a hill!
    It's a custom with 2" downtube - so it is not flexy. I also have a geared FS Ventana, but like the SS Lynskey the best. I'm 6'8" and 275.

I used to switch the Lynskey from 1x9 to SS depending on the ride. Since getting the FS bike, the Lynskey stays SS. It is stiff but compliant at the same time. I LOVE IT !!!

For reference I used to have a Ventana SS with the same geometry as my Lynskey. It also had a 2" downtube. It was stiff and harsh. I ran a Thudbuster LT to soften it up. The Lynskey's doesn't need a one

Phoeve, can you post a pic of your bikes ?