mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Looking for a bike under $450 for a 6'3" 310lbs guy?!?!

I have a thread in another section then found this one...

please check it out and respond thx

Looking for a bike i'm 6'2"/310lbs have about $450? HELP

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Trek?

I've got a buddy your size who has had good luck with a Trek 3700
    (22.5"). He's not riding rough, just cruising on pavement with it. But it fits, was pretty cheap ($300?), and is holding up well.

For $450, you're unlikely to find a bike with super strong wheels and fork. Can you go fully rigid and single speed? If so, more $ can go to the wheels.

Check the 29er forum for info on bigger wheel bikes you should check out . Those guys know how to get you into an upgradable bike you can keep for a long time.
    undefined[SIZE=1]undefined[/SIZE]undefined

Slow, but thoughtful

mtbr member
    Speaking of rigids, I heard the Redline Monocog 29er was gonna be 470 read to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Claudesdale ride

I bought a 2004 Gary Fisher Marlin, upgraded to Deore XT and LX components, Easton EA50/EA30 seatpost, handlebar and stem and Selle Italia seat. Happy as a clam. The bike is nice and light, nimble as a mountain goat and nothing beats a hardtail for me. Smart shopping on ebay saved a bundle and I did most of the tooling myself. Tires are Bontrager Revolt SS (low rolling resistance) for street and hardpack or Bontrgaer knobbies for the rough stuff on the stock Maverick rims. Deore XT Vbrakes rock. Crank Brothers Eggbeater CR and shimao shoes.

I'm 6.2 275 pounds so definitely Clyde Material. I removed most of the weight off the bike. I carry a Camerlbak M.U.L.E. on my back with some tools, a cell phone and a bar maybe. Average temperature on the island is about 100 Degrees F (www.curacao.com).

Don
    Last edited by dogenia; 04-01-2006 at 04:28 PM.