mtbr member

Looking for advice on Junior T fork that is too soft for 220lb rider

I picked up a 2004 RMX from a friend and it has Junior T's on it. I find when I'm riding it on Ned's or other buff trails it feels pretty good (at high speeds) but when I take it on tight and steep runs (like 7th secret in some parts) if I try to be a bit more aggressive and put my weight over the stem I almost bottom out the fork (the 7 inches of travel becomes more like 2 inches) and endo as soon as I hit any root or rock my front wheel doesn't feel like rolling over.

I have bought two pairs of the stiffest springs that Marzocchi offers for that model (one is K=11.0 and another is K=4.0 where K is the spring constant in the simple harmonic motion sense I think) and I've swapped them in. I just test rode it around the block by my house and the difference I'm seeing is minute at most, is this normal? I still seem to crush about 2inches of travel just by sitting on the thing lol.

I asked the guy at the Marzochhi place if I should swap out the oil for a heavier one, but he said there's no point because the oil simply controls the speed of the compression not how much is being compressed.

I'm pretty lost on how I can make this fork work for me, any advice is appreciated

I will test ride it on an actual trail and report if there is actually any difference.

mtbr member

Why dont you get air caps and pump them to the right presure?